SkyscraperCity banner

1561 - 1580 of 1600 Posts

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,561
PORTMAN ON THE PARK
Zetland Avenue

Some images from the off-the-plan sales email brochure.

Front to Zetland Avenue from across The Drying Green Park (u/c).

Façade detail.

Zetland Avenue at dusk.

Looking down onto The Drying Green Park.
With each new image over the years, the design of the park has become less and less interesting.
There was originally a long water cascade where the palms are now. What are those blue-green surfaces? Where have the several feature trees gone?
The verdant greenery in the background across Geddes Avenue and Portman Street is pure fantasy.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Good luck selling all those off the plan during these times. At least hopefully they will be of higher quality than some at Zetland

·
Registered
74,917 Posts
actually apartments are selling ok in sydney

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mirvac opened Portman on the Park for OTP sales this past Saturday, 17 October. I know they didn't fully sell out, but not sure how they did. I do know they were not offering any discounts and only minor incentives. They are also doing a row of terrace homes at the bottom, I believe they are five storeys and have private lifts in each home... $3.5M+!

I did attend the display suite, it's a good project. Not cheap though.

@Brizer, I'm preparing myself to be disappointed by the Drying Green. Not only is it taking far too long in typical City of Sydney fashion but I expect the landscaping to be a fail like it is at the Library Plaza -- the wrong types of trees and no shade. Based on the recent aerial shot of the aquatic centre, looks like their "beach style pool" hype may end up being scaled back into a disappointment as well.

Is there a plan to have a playground at the Drying Green at all? I was thinking -- there are no playgrounds in this area! Just a very small one at the Joynton Creative Centre which is by no means suitable to service the planned population here. Not sure what they are thinking.

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,565 (Edited)
Playgrounds nearby at Mary O'Brien Reserve, Tote Park, Wulaba Park & The Rope Walk Park. Is there one in Sweetacres Park? Think there will be one on Garraway Park (Rosebery, u/c). There seem to be child care centres in every building complex. Meriton always includes a ccc in its projects - it owns and operates them.

The council 'improvement' process of The Drying Green has seen so many features disappear that I cannot remember whether there is a playground now though I kind of remember there being something on the Geddes Avenue side but it appears to now be not much more than a line of bloody useless gums. I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
74,917 Posts
??

Reactions: paulps99

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,570
SOHO
Lateral Estates Site 11
Sonny Leonard St btwn Hinchcliffe St and Paul St
Zetland

Architect: Candalepas Architects

Now essentially complete and ads for rentals out.

Pix x Viclocal

View along Sonny Leonard Street with Bldg B on the left and Bldg A on the right/north.

View west along Sonny Leonard Street from Paul Street to Hinchcliffe Street & Botany road.

The east end of Bldg B on Paul Street.

·
Registered
74,917 Posts
dec6
aquatic centre

Reactions: Gimble and Brizer

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
The COS had the opportunity for area's to sunbathe by the pool. But the spaces seem fairly mean and given over to landscaping?

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,574 (Edited)
The whole planned area of Gunyama Park is yet to be developed as it will extend to George Julius Avenue, a block further east than the current end of Zetland Avenue as it is shown here in line with Victoria Park Parade. It will end about where that line of trees is on the right of Cul's photo. There is an issue with land ownership, I gather, and negotiating a settlement though it has been going on for years so I don't know if it has been settled yet.

It will not include sunbathing areas - I learned the hard way the foolishness of sunbathing; get a nice brown today, spend the rest of your life with medical bills and 'near misses'.

CoS's obsession with eternally sun drenched open spaces is, to be polite, ill-advised, so I hope the various umbrellas shown are to provide some degree of protection.

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,576
They will learn in time if they are unlucky.
It's a bit like not wearing masks or driving while drunk.
Sunbathe at your own risk...or peril.

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,577
Meanwhile...

On Sonny Leonard Street, as part of the landscaping of the all but completed SOHO Building B by Lateral Estate:

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,578
SOHO

Rectification: Jeez, wadda dummy. I posted this in the wrong thread, so:

SOHO
Sonny Leonard Street
btwn Hinchcliffe St & Paul St - GREEN SQUARE TOWN CENTRE!
Zetland

Now complete apart from 'finishing touches'.

Architect: CANDALEPAS ARCHITECTS
Developer: Lateral Estate

Part One

View west along Sonny Leonard Street from Paul Street.
Building B on the left, Bldg A on the right/north.

View east along Sonny Leonard Street from Hinchcliffe Street.
Building A on the left/north.

The east end of Building B, apartments on Sonny Leonard Street & townhouses onto Tosh Lane.
View from Dunning Av/Paul St @ Tosh Lane.
NB Ovo Tower in the distance.

Building A east end on Paul Street.

The west end of Building B apartments & townhouses, @ Hinchcliffe Street & Sonny Leonard Street.

Building A west end on Hinchcliffe Street cnr Sonny Leonard Street.

Reactions:Skyscrapersarethebst and Harry Andrews

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,579
SOHO
Sonny Leonard Street
btwn Hinchcliffe St & Paul St - GREEN SQUARE TOWN CENTRE!
Zetland

Now complete apart from 'finishing touches'.

Architect: CANDALEPAS ARCHITECTS
Developer: Lateral Estate

Part Two - Building B: apartment building on Sonny Leonard Street and townhouses on Tosh Lane (entry via Sonny L St)

Front to Sonny Leonard Street.

Façade detail on Sonny L St.

Detail west end.

Rpt. West end on Hinchcliffe Street.

Rpt. Townhouses on Tosh Lane, east end on Paul Street.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I get the feeling that that facade treatment may result in compromised access to natural light. It would be interesting to see some internal photos.

1561 - 1580 of 1600 Posts