SkyscraperCity banner

1021 - 1040 of 1129 Posts

·
Grumpy blockhead
1,335 Posts
Valentine will apparently follow.
I've noticed they've been making changes to the intersection of Valentine and Parkes. Not sure how they're going to regulate that amount of traffic going down Valentine Ave though. If they don't, it'll end up being a nightmare.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
The architectural plans for this were submitted last Wednesday:

Found this article https://www.cityplan.com.au/85-97-macquarie-street-parramatta-architectural-design-competition/

85-97 Macquarie Street, Parramatta – Architectural Design Competition

85-97 Macquarie Street | Parramatta

Development application: DA/638/2019 (Parramatta)

Project facts

• Address: 85-97 Macquarie Street
  • Developer: Holdmark
  • Architect: Turner
  • Office: 9,428 sqm (101,482 s.f.)
  • Office: 238 sqm (2,562 s.f.)
  • Height: 56m (184ft)
  • Floors: 13

Renderings:

·
Registered
632 Posts
It's been a lot of hit and miss for Parramatta. Some buildings seem to stall or just struggle to get off the ground. But there still is enough momentum, and enough buildings going up at the moment to suggest that it will all turn out good in the end.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
That channel 7 story is laughable.

Where did all those corkscrew designs come from?

Nothing more than a challenge to the Channel 9 story.

What a waste of air time and an embarrassment to the channel. Appalling media.

·
I ♥ NSW 2150
I ❤ NSW 2150
1,211 Posts
The Ch.7 3D flythrough has so little basis in reality that exactly zero of the actual current development sites are represented with shiny towers, not even Meriton's Altitude :uh:

All the more strange is that the water mark suggests that both channels' animations were provided by the same graphics studio, Arterra Interactive. Which has me wondering on what Earth was the incentive to ever make the version they gave to Ch.7, especially compared to their super skillfully made animation for News.​com :hmm:

·
Registered
71,613 Posts
pretty good renderings
i thought pretty spot on
not sure why they say 2030, ?
most of them shown will be done by 2025.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Why Try Harder
1,538 Posts
renderings from SMH

And article

Parramatta high-rise towers to make Sydney Australia's first two CBD city

The cranes rising in the air above Parramatta are set to give way to dozens of towers up to 67 storeys over the next decade as the skyline of Sydney's fast-growing second CBD continues to take shape.

The City of Parramatta Council, which is overseeing an unprecedented wave of public and private investment, is giving a glimpse of how $5.5 billion worth of building projects will change the city.

And developer Meriton, founded by billionaire Harry Triguboff, last month won approval to build Parramatta's tallest residential high-rise at 67-storeys with an adjoining 58-storey hotel tower.
rest here https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/parramatta-high-rise-towers-to-make-sydney-australia-s-first-two-cbd-city-20191119-p53c51.html

·
Registered
65 Posts
Interesting how old that original fly-through footage was - the Entrada apartments/shops is still under construction, so it's probably close to 7-8 years old

1021 - 1040 of 1129 Posts