SkyscraperCity banner

3701 - 3720 of 4046 Posts

·
I ♥ NSW 2150
I ❤ NSW 2150
1,264 Posts
As a bit of a Christmas card to you all on the NSW forums, here is a line-up render of all the ~200m+ projects that will be crossing into the new year with us!

L to R:
216m Quay Quarter; 237m Greenland Centre; 247m One Sydney Harbour R4A; 270m 505 George; 271m Crown Hotel Sydney; 263m Salesforce Tower; 230m 6&8 Parramatta Square; 213m 180 George Street; 198m 8 Phillip Street; 197m One Circular Quay.

Thank you all for your informative contributions! (And thanks to Culwulla for the help with diagrams for 115 Bathurst!)

·
Registered
72,361 Posts
bloody awesome xing. nearly as good as mine.lol,
so good, great you are contributing too.and to think none of them exist atm, we really do have something to look forward to this cycle. maybe in 2020 you will be able to add 56 pitt. so also 55pitt which will be 235m.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
How long before we hear anything about the 338 Pitt twins? And the building opposite it to the south?

·
I ♥ NSW 2150
I ❤ NSW 2150
1,264 Posts
bloody awesome xing. nearly as good as mine.lol,
Thanks Cul!! :) Inspired of course by your 3d lineups- I like to make things pretty but you're the go-to for completeness and accuracy for our projects!

I'm really looking forward to 56 Pitt and 338 Pitt, both I think will be game changers for Sydney's skyline.

·
Registered
72,361 Posts
Thanks Cul!! :) Inspired of course by your 3d lineups- I like to make things pretty but you're the go-to for completeness and accuracy for our projects!

I'm really looking forward to 56 Pitt and 338 Pitt, both I think will be game changers for Sydney's skyline.
yes hoping tomorw 338pitt will lodge, supposed to
if they do my colleagues will send me some model piccies, not sure when new renders will be submitted
they will be rl277.5m , with main ground at 21m and lowest part of site at 18m , there heights will be somewhere between 256m-259m

·
Registered
14,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,713
Sydney will always be the quintessential global city to promote Australia.

What Sydney needs to do is work harder to promote more than the icons and the beach in the domestic market. The food, the shopping, the culture, the nightlife, the sport. I think Destination NSW tells those stories quite poorly.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Interesting how Sydney is still THE quintessential global city in the tourism ads.
To some extent, you are right: They show the iconic skyline of Sydney.
But I am happy that the ad is not Sydney focused.
They actually show a lot of other places. From the comment section:

Opening, Sandringham beach - Melbourne
AFL and Cricket at the MCG
Tennis at Melbourne Park with Ash Barty
Sydney SCG
Sydney Harbour and Coogee and the Whylie's baths and Cronulla beach
Byron Bay for some yoga and surfing
Blue Mountains
SA For some wine
Freemantle
Brisbane River food scene
Melbourne hipster coffee crowd (Don't care much about hipsters but had a cool, cosmopolitan vibe of Melbourne )*
Heart Reef on the Great Barrier Reef Queensland
Hamilton Island
Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, with Cassidy Uluru himself
Light festival at Uluru
The Rotness Island, off the coast of Perth, gets quite a few scenes
Cape Byron Lighthouse​

* They never care to show the street vibe of Sydney. They could at least show Martin Place as a hallowed ground for Finance and Business if we can call it that.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Yep because that's the way to attract tourists - "come see our financial district yay!"

Australian tourism ads are always diverse, but they also always feature the Sydney skyline prominently. It's distinctive and instantly recognisable in a way that our other cities or a stunning but generic beach/gorge/rainforest aren't.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Everyone has to watch The Commons on Stan.

A character gets driven across the bridge to Wentworth Point, the car parks at the southern end of International Towers and then she walks across the park at Central Park and the up the escalator from outside Woolworths.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yep because that's the way to attract tourists - "come see our financial district yay!"
I don't appreciate your condescending tone.
Why you haven't heard a place called Wall Street?...People flock to see that place.

By your logic, Why do we even care to show our city at all?...It's called Central Business District after all.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Tourism ads are about evocative and iconic/instantly recognisable imagery.

Sydney Harbour is iconic. Martin Place is not, and represents old-style European colonialism which is not the image we want to portray to the world.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Tourism ads are about evocative and iconic/instantly recognisable imagery.

Sydney Harbour is iconic. Martin Place is not, and represents old-style European colonialism which is not the image we want to portray to the world.
I don't consider myself to be an authority on tourism ads like you do.
But I will tell you this. If we forever have your kind of attitude, Sydney is gonna be all about Harbor and nothing else. Personally, I want Sydney to be that city with beautiful harbour plus much more on display.

And your view of Martin Place is very narrow. First of all, it shows off our historic colonial architecture, which in itself might interest a lot of tourists. Especially GPO, World War I ANZAC Cenotaph. Plus, it has been made famous by a lot of movies and TV productions. Like, Matrix and Superman Returns. A lot of the events are held there too and is the center stage for Christmas Tree Lighting.

3701 - 3720 of 4046 Posts