SkyscraperCity banner

1281 - 1300 of 1339 Posts

·
4,919 Posts
Although technically in Lidcombe, this development reported in The Urban Developer is in the area of the suburb along Carter St, which is really part of the Sydney Olympic Park area.

The 17, 16 and 6-storey towers look a bit like public housing in these renderings, hopefully reality turns out better:

Source: The Urban Developer

·
Registered
661 Posts
Although technically in Lidcombe, this development reported in The Urban Developer is in the area of the suburb along Carter St, which is really part of the Sydney Olympic Park area.

The 17, 16 and 6-storey towers look a bit like public housing in these renderings, hopefully reality turns out better:

The new buildings do look fairly ordinary and bland. Most of the other stuff around Carter St is dark glass which looks ok, so hopefully these new buildings don’t stand out too much.

·
Registered
72,465 Posts

·
Registered
72,465 Posts
i love the novotel at sopac, love its location inteiror still good, we stay there alot due to my sons swimming
but the other day i looke dup and noticed some damaged panels near roof,its not a good look. needs to be fixed asap

view north towards wenthworth point

·
4,919 Posts
CARTER STREET

https://theurbandeveloper.com/articles/meriton-submits-revised-application-for-four-building-carter-street-project-?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=170418 NSW&utm_content=170418 NSW+CID_d24f2a761aff7df2b3e558bf69e8e2ee&utm_source=email&utm_term=Continue Reading

DEVELOPMENT
MON 16 APR 18

Meriton Submits Revised Application for Carter Street Project

Meriton has moved into the second phase of its Carter Street, Lidcombe project, submitting a development application to add 10-storeys to an already-approved residential tower.

The building is one of four towers in Meriton's Carter Street development, which forms part of the broader Sydney Olympic Park Strategic centre.

The application relates to 1-5 Carter Street, which will now comprise a 23-storey mixed-use development of 386 residential apartments with ground floor child care and car parking from the basement to level two.

The application was made by Karimbla Constructions Services, a division of Meriton. The estimated cost of the additional work is $13.7 million.

^^ cont. link ^^ + images
Here's a recent article in The Urban Developer: Meriton Boosts Height of Towers Due to 'Unprecedented' Demand. The rendering below, accompanying the article, shows the proposed height change, with one of the towers increasing by 11 storeys, from 22 to 33 storeys - quite an increase!

·
4,919 Posts

·
Registered
72,465 Posts

·
Registered
72,465 Posts

·
Registered
18,742 Posts
https://architectureau.com/articles/studio-libeskind-to-masterplan-1b-mixed-use-precinct-in-sydney/?utm_source=ArchitectureAU&utm_campaign=cbdccd24ed-AAU_2018_08_10&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e3604e2a4a-cbdccd24ed-39741042&mc_cid=cbdccd24ed&mc_eid=d3eecb00a8

Studio Libeskind to masterplan $1b mixed-use precinct in Sydney

News Words Linda Cheng

Paul Reidy of Fitzpatrick Partners and Daniel Libeskind of Studio Libeskind. Image: Courtesy Billbergia

Developer Billbergia has appointed Studio Libeskind, in collaboration with Fitzpatrick and Partners and Bob Nation, to masterplan the redevelopment of a 3.5-hectare precinct in Sydney’s Rhodes.

The site, located adjacent to Rhodes station, is currently home to the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). In June 2018, HPE announced it would partner with Billbergia in joint venture to rezone and redevelop the site that is currently zoned business park only.

The design team will be asked to create an integrated precinct for offices, residences, recreational spaces as well as aged living and aged care facilities.

“Some of the best mixed-use work/live/play precincts of the world are fully integrated into city centres, and the aspiration is to bring these key elements, along with significant enhancements to transport, to the HPE site as part of the transformation process,” said Rick Graf, Billbergia chief executive.

“As the workplace environment is dynamically changing, the vision is not about creating homogenous business park buildings and separate accommodation areas, but rather to shape and create a highly desirable urban environment. With a strong emphasis on transport, place making aspects, connectivity to the bay and quality open spaces, this precinct is being designed with all users in mind.”

HPE would retain a presence on the site. The project is reportedly worth $1 billion or more when fully developed, according to the Australian Financial Review.

The developer has a number of completed and under construction projects in the Rhodes and Wentworth Point area, including a library and community centre, a retail centre, a pedestrian-, bike- and bus-only bridge that connects Wentworth Point and Rhodes, all of which are designed by Scott Carver Architects.

In 2017, it announced an invited design competition for a three-hectare site in Wentworth Point designated for up to 1,000 homes. The participating practices are: 3XN, Bates Smart, DKO, Durbach Block Jaggers, FJMT and Scott Carver Architects/ARM Architecture.

Studio Libeskind, headed by Daniel Libeskind, has designed a number of the world’s most recognizable architectural landmarks, including the Jewish Museum in Berlin and Bundeswehr Military History Museum in Dresden.

Libeskind presented the keynote lecture as part of the University of Sydney’s School of Architecture’s centennial celebrations.

Words Linda Cheng
Images Courtesy Billbergia
Posted 9 Aug 2018

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have heard from my brother not far from Homebush
Told me plan hotel call ‘HomeBush Hotel Tower’ plan 675 hotel room and according to my brother then may be plan soon however unfortunately location haven’t been revealing yet and 140 metre 45 floors HomeBush Hotel Tower 675 Hotel room

Was turn up my brother house mail and have said same shape as York & George Tower

I told him my guess need room for hotel walk to Stadium probably need to building

1281 - 1300 of 1339 Posts