SkyscraperCity banner

3221 - 3240 of 4877 Posts

·
© Applies to all Images
1,338 Posts
Maybe the site owners received an order to cleanup from Council.

The last time the site was cleared was when the owners leased the land for a storage site whilst work was being done in developing WC infrastructure.
I hope its not just a clean up. From all the activity and the fact that they are moving dirt, Im pretty hopeful that it is indeed the start of construction of Aldi.

Who owns that old rusty Holden :) would be a good project car just replace all the rusty panels :lol:
Yeah id love to have that old Holden. Reminds me of 'The Grounds' in Alexandria. It would look great in a nice rustic setting with a garden and cafe or the like, just like what they have done in Alexandria. Would be a great feature for the creek bringing some rustic charm to all the concrete around the place.

·
Registered
32 Posts
"shopping centre with cinema coming in two years" used for the Top Garden apartment website, which is weird since there is no such shopping centre we know of.
I heard the same at a DP residents meeting. The gist of it was the original advertising (according to some of the residents) was for Westfield style set up over the top of the train line. As time went on and the size of the development plan dwindled that idea was moved to the current Woolworths site, which after the end of the lease would be turned into a multistory complex, as previously envisioned at the DP site over the train line. So far it appears to be the elusive white whale, still used to sell units, however no one has any confirmation it will ever exist nor where it will be.
Personally I think it will go to a basic Woolworth setup with several small specialty shops (butcher, baker, newsagent, tobacconist, etc).

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I heard the same at a DP residents meeting. The gist of it was the original advertising (according to some of the residents) was for Westfield style set up over the top of the train line. As time went on and the size of the development plan dwindled that idea was moved to the current Woolworths site, which after the end of the lease would be turned into a multistory complex, as previously envisioned at the DP site over the train line. So far it appears to be the elusive white whale, still used to sell units, however no one has any confirmation it will ever exist nor where it will be.
Personally I think it will go to a basic Woolworth setup with several small specialty shops (butcher, baker, newsagent, tobacconist, etc).
I really hope they go with a Woolworth style shopping mall opposed to a Westfield, that's just my personal opinion. One of my concerns is how is traffic going to manage once the site redeveloped?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Dont worry there wont be any Westfield, the site is not big enough. It would be something more like Rockdale Plaza or Kogarah town centre. But we still have 10+ years to worry about.

·
© Applies to all Images
1,338 Posts
To all

Since Woolies opened last year in October I have requested on numerous occasions from the council that a Bus Shelter to be erected out the front at the Bus Stop.

With the extreme weather conditions we have faced recently its even more important that commuters are sheltered away from the heat and rain, not just for their shelter but also protection from the elements. The council has told me that they are awaiting money from advertising to be allocated when the tender is up before they can take it further. This is not doing anything for commuters and protecting them from the elements and the issue is dragging way too long. Myself and Nicholas Mickovski from Rockdale Council have been lobbying ever since, but we need your support.

The leader is going to be doing a story about the lack of the shelter being installed at the bus stop and will be sending a photographer to the site tomorrow Friday 6 at 1.30pm. We need to have as many local residents there to show their support for a shelter to be included in the photo. So if you can make it please come along and show your support. If you have time a few banners won't hurt either :).

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
The leader is going to be doing a story about the lack of the shelter being installed at the bus stop and will be sending a photographer to the site tomorrow Friday 6 at 1.30pm. We need to have as many local residents there to show their support for a shelter to be included in the photo. So if you can make it please come along and show your support. If you have time a few banners won't hurt either :).
Sorry buddy I'll be at work so can't make an appearance for the photo shoot:lol:

Then again I don't want to reveal my self in the local paper :)

·
© Applies to all Images
1,338 Posts
Dont worry there wont be any Westfield, the site is not big enough. It would be something more like Rockdale Plaza or Kogarah town centre. But we still have 10+ years to worry about.
Yeah not a Westfield but very much in the feel of Rockdale Plaza/Marrickvile Metro.

Here are the plans from back in 2009 which has since changed and changed and changed, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what was originally planned and could still be planned in one way or another. It also solves the mystery of where that Cinema that we keep hearing about was destined to go. Somehow I don't see those towers being there in the form or height that they are shown. People in Proxy won't have their views blocked and those in DP won't be happy either, so I cant see it turning out this way anymore, but who knows ?.

Construction of a mixed use development comprising approximately 24,000sqm GFA of retail, cinemas & coffee shops & 45,000sq.m of residential & serviced apartments. The residential component is grouped in 3 parts, a northern tower, 22 residential levels, a middle building fronting the Princess Hwy, 8 levels, & a southern tower, 16 levels. The ground floor will include a supermarket & other retail floorspace. The ground floor will be built upon a podium to address the flooding issue along Arncliffe St, loading facilities will also be located on the ground floor. The proposed development concept makes provision for a public town square with integrated alfresco dining which is provided with direct access to the proposed community facility space such as a library. The proposed 21,456sq m of retail floorspace includes 3,558sq m of supermarket floorspace, 1,250sq m fresh food market, 8,966sq m of speciality retail, 1,649sq m of mini-major floorspace (i.e. electrical or furniture retailers), & 6,033sq m discount department store (i.e. a Kmart or Target). Car parking. Landscaping.

[/QUOTE]

·
© Applies to all Images
1,338 Posts
Sorry buddy I'll be at work so can't make an appearance for the photo shoot:lol:

Then again I don't want to reveal my self in the local paper :)
Yeah Im not so keen to reveal myself either ha ha ha. I kinda like the idea of my love/hate identity with all here on SSC, but hey in the interests of the community ill be there but lurking in the background :).

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Yeah Im not so keen to reveal myself either ha ha ha. I kinda like the idea of my love/hate identity with all here on SSC, but hey in the interests of the community ill be there but lurking in the background :).
In the meantime this will keep you busy

·
© Applies to all Images
1,338 Posts
Just found whats going on top of Aldi. Its called 'Eden Tower', 124 residential apartments over 9 levels with 3 levels of basement parking. Looks pretty good, will be a nice addition to that space.

·
© Applies to all Images
1,338 Posts
Why do I see 15 levels - have I missed something? [wouldn't be the 1st time...]
Basement might not mean underground. If you look at it maybe (I have no idea) their version of basement are the levels between Aldi and the tower ??.

·
© Applies to all Images
1,338 Posts

·
1st Batt. Vet. 1967-1968
292 Posts
^^ Walexx 3230 Just found whats going on top of Aldi. Its called 'Eden Tower', 124 residential apartments over 9 levels with 3 levels of basement parking. Looks pretty good, will be a nice addition to that space. Do you have the DA to this? Just arrived. Went from 6 deg under to 20 deg. Fabulous :banana:
Yes!! The latest DP pictures are great, but the strata/council fees must be very high. Any Eden Tower DA link?

·
© Applies to all Images
1,338 Posts
^^ Walexx 3230 Just found whats going on top of Aldi. Its called 'Eden Tower', 124 residential apartments over 9 levels with 3 levels of basement parking. Looks pretty good, will be a nice addition to that space. Do you have the DA to this? Just arrived. Went from 6 deg under to 20 deg. Fabulous :banana:
There is no DA currently for 'Eden Tower'. The DA is only for stage 1 which is the Commercial premises that includes ALDI. I found Eden Tower which is part of stage 2 on this website http://www.tqmdc.com.au/projects/

·
Registered
6 Posts
The east tower of the Shore VIP lauched this moring and about 50% has been sold apparently. Most of them were sold to the exiting DP apartment owners.

3221 - 3240 of 4877 Posts