- Ruth Tarvydas

- Prada

Tyne Square
- Coles (June 23rd)

Raine Square
- G-Star Raw
- Bang & Olufsen
- Coles
- Giordano (Raine or One40 – open 09/10)

Murray Street
Recently opened:
- Rubi Shoes (previously Shoo Biz)

- Apple Flagship Store

Hay Street Mall
Recently opened:
- Peter Alexander (previously Jigsaw)
- Dotti (previously David Lawrence)

- Just Spectacles (previously Rubi Shoes)
- DCK

Location To Be Confirmed
- Everlast (March 2009)

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
i used to go there, last went there around 18 months ago. the last time i went there i think their fried dishes were disappointing but steamed dishes were good or the other way around. overall it is still pretty good. welcome inn is probably the best one in northbridge overall, that newish one (dragon palace) had very good steamed dishes but ridiculously bad fried ones and i found the "new hoi's kitchen" to be a bit overrated.

damn all this talk about dim sum is making me hungry. im 4 days into a week of no carbs, dairy, eggs, fucking anything plus exercise for the first time in around 4 years. got 12 weeks of pretty strict eating after this as well

had someone else call me up to talk about food earlier today as well.

bastards. i hate everyone today

p.s - nate is probably the one to ask cos that whitefella eats dim sum at least a couple of times a month from memory
Wow thats tough if you love your food. I used to have the best discipline to stict to good diets. Just can't do it anymore.

Why no eggs though? Whats wrong with eggs? Do you have someone doing a diet plan up for you?

The Ruby Room but expanded and newly decked out.

Good idea to check it out as you always have the option of leaving.
Well I got a free ticket to go. I've heard its actually built next to Minq but has an different entrance. Guess I'll find out tonight.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Anyone been to golden century seafood Chinese resturant on James st for dim sum?

Whats it like?

I haven't been there for a long time. It is good.

Sanj is wrong - I go to dim sum far more than twice a month. I fucking love it.

I have been to dim sum at Welcome Inn on William St well and truly over one hundred times. Probably 40 times in the last year.

·
Melbourne quality poster
8,791 Posts
Wow thats tough if you love your food. I used to have the best discipline to stict to good diets. Just can't do it anymore.

Why no eggs though? Whats wrong with eggs? Do you have someone doing a diet plan up for you?
the no eggs no dairy no carbs thing is just for the first week, there is some reason for it but to be honest i was so shocked i cant remember what it is. she definitely knows what she is on about, she actually doesnt do much personal training anymore, she does more implementing of systems into gyms all over the country etc so i couldnt have someone more qualified.

it's a fucking bitch, i was talking to the lady at hawkers (connie) last night and she said she couldnt imagine having to go without carbs (us asians truly love our carbs). ive got my meal plan for the next 12 weeks too. pretty full on, with sundays my day of respite (i guess no more jus burgers for at least 3 months as they are closed on sundays). the thing is when i stopped exercising i was at around 85kgs. i recently went up to just over 105kg. even accounting for my abnormally large genatalia that is still way above a healthy weight

it's gonna be difficult but ill do it. it's very rare that i set my mind to something and not do it

p.s- nate at first i wrote twice a month than i realised it wss probably more so i changed it to at least twice a month. is that ok sir?

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
the no eggs no dairy no carbs thing is just for the first week, there is some reason for it but to be honest i was so shocked i cant remember what it is. she definitely knows what she is on about, she actually doesnt do much personal training anymore, she does more implementing of systems into gyms all over the country etc so i couldnt have someone more qualified.

it's a fucking bitch, i was talking to the lady at hawkers (connie) last night and she said she couldnt imagine having to go without carbs (us asians truly love our carbs). ive got my meal plan for the next 12 weeks too. pretty full on, with sundays my day of respite (i guess no more jus burgers for at least 3 months as they are closed on sundays). the thing is when i stopped exercising i was at around 85kgs. i recently went up to just over 105kg. even accounting for my abnormally large genatalia that is still way above a healthy weight

it's gonna be difficult but ill do it. it's very rare that i set my mind to something and not do it

p.s- nate at first i wrote twice a month than i realised it wss probably more so i changed it to at least twice a month. is that ok sir?
Seriously though, what the **** can you even eat? Straw?

I always thought eggs were good for you.

I tried a no carb diet. It definitely worked, worked very well. But I couldn't stand it. Gave me really bad headaches and I had no energy. I was so hazy at work (more than usual).

My peak was around 90kgs. Where I was happy, had abs and reasonable sized muscles. Now I'm pushing 120kgs. I have some bigger muscles but an even bigger stomach which I'm not happy about. I'm not too fussed about weight but would be nice to fit back into my $300 Armani jeans that I bought when I first got to London.

I try to use the large groin region as an excuse but then they look at my pants and laugh.

·
Melbourne quality poster
8,791 Posts
Seriously though, what the **** can you even eat? Straw?

I always thought eggs were good for you.

I tried a no carb diet. It definitely worked, worked very well. But I couldn't stand it. Gave me really bad headaches and I had no energy. I was so hazy at work (more than usual).

My peak was around 90kgs. Where I was happy, had abs and reasonable sized muscles. Now I'm pushing 120kgs. I have some bigger muscles but an even bigger stomach which I'm not happy about. I'm not too fussed about weight but would be nice to fit back into my $300 Armani jeans that I bought when I first got to London.

I try to use the large groin region as an excuse but then they look at my pants and laugh.
yeah like i said the no carb thing is only for the first week. i actually feel pretty good to be honest. u just have to be more creative with food etc. ive probably spent a fair bit more on food as a result but im just getting used to it.

·
Registered
8,126 Posts
yeah it sounds like the 'drastic' diet is for a short period to achieve a particular result. Once there, any good diet will involve something you can maintain/live with for the rest of your life.

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
If you eat the right carbs (ie low GI) then you will feel heaps better. Low GI has made such a difference to me (energy levels, hunger). Not my weight but thats another issue.

·
Melbourne quality poster
8,791 Posts
yeah it sounds like the 'drastic' diet is for a short period to achieve a particular result. Once there, any good diet will involve something you can maintain/live with for the rest of your life.
exactly. i needed something drastic and rigid that i would commit to to shock myself out of being a slack bastard. it's just the way i work i guess.

when i quit smoking (i was a very heavy smoker) i actually had just bought 2 cartons and i kept them on my office table so that i was constantly faced with it. might sound a bit odd but i work best when i put myself under pressure enough to take something seriously.

as u all know i LOVE food so i certainly will eat normal shit after these 12 weeks, but it will be much more controlled.

·
I said love, I said pet
1,691 Posts
I haven't been there for a long time. It is good.

Sanj is wrong - I go to dim sum far more than twice a month. I fucking love it.

I have been to dim sum at Welcome Inn on William St well and truly over one hundred times. Probably 40 times in the last year.
Northbridge Chinese Retaurant on Roe Street is generally pretty good. I go on a Friday lunchtime and its always heaving so the turnover of food is very quick and therefore hot and fresh.

I'm a fan of congee but have only found one place in Perth that does it - Oriental Inn on James Street opposite The Brass.

·
Melbourne quality poster
8,791 Posts
dont billy lees, uncle billys etc do congee as well? its been a while since i had it but im sure ive had it from them before.

·
I said love, I said pet
1,691 Posts
dont billy lees, uncle billys etc do congee as well? its been a while since i had it but im sure ive had it from them before.
Don't know. Not familiar with them.

I notice Burberry are currently shop-fitting in the Wesley Center immediately next door to Emporio Armani. CHAVTASTIC!

·
I said love, I said pet
1,691 Posts
Small bar boom cheers up city
29th June 2009, The West Australian

A quiet revolution is taking place all over the Perth metropolitan area.

Inconspicuous small bars are opening their doors on laneways and alleys to little fanfare but are welcoming small crowds of loyal customers.

Thirty small bars have so far been given licences since the licence was introduced in 2007 — and five are waiting approval.

While it is still early days, the emergence of Perth’s own small bar scene is tantalisingly close.

In the CBD, bars such as Helvetica, Alda’s Cafe and Andaluz are just a few minutes walk apart and it is these clusters that may hold the key to bringing people back into the city out of work hours.

Jan Kulski and Talmage Anderson will open their inner city bar Ezra Pound in early August, transforming an empty shell into a 1930s-inspired speakeasy.

“It’s quite exciting for us to be part of the new movement of small bars and part of a beautiful environment like a little laneway,” Mr Anderson said. “We wanted to just bring a small bar to Perth that was based on quality products at an affordable price.

“It’s a smaller environment, it’s not like a club or a beer barn, it’s just a nice place to hang out, whether you come for a quiet drink or for a social gathering and you don’t have to deal with lines and crowds and live music.”

And it’s not just about the inner city — Pure Bar and Fire and Ice in Subiaco, Mrs Brown in Fremantle and Double Lucky in Leederville are just a handful of small bars popping up in other suburbs.

Liquor industry lawyer and Small Bar Association of WA founder Dan Mossenson said small bar licences were intended to change Perth’s drinking culture.

It would be successful but it would take time.

“The desire was to get away from the traditional hotels and tavern bars into something that was different and unusual, each place offering a variety of services and facilities so people could drink in a quieter and more ambient atmosphere, which would change the mood and drinking outlook in the west,” Mr Mossenson said.

“As more premises open and there’s a greater public awareness of the diversity and the variety of services available, small bars will become more popular and will make a contribution to the social and hospitality scene.

“It took more than 20 years for Melbourne to reach the stage of development it has achieved and with the obstacles and formalities and frustrations that some of my clients have experienced in terms of preparing and presenting their applications, it will be a slow process for this to really take off here.”

Gary Beadle, who opened 399 in Northbridge a fortnight ago, said he had tried to create a community bar that catered for all ages.

“Small bars will open things up to a broader range of people who can go out and enjoy themselves without a rowdy room full of louts,” he said.

“Having all these small bars will help lift the standards of service and hopefully people will have a better experience going out. I’d like it to be the end of the big session pubs. I don’t think they really have a place in a modern culture and I hope that this small bar emergence makes people drink more sensibly.”

·
fierce buildings papi.
9,751 Posts
regular exercise is less painful than for-going tha joys of food... i packed on 5kgs after a month that was taken over by cold/flu/busy schedule... i got two runs and a toning class to get me back motivated...

·
Melbourne quality poster
8,791 Posts
regular exercise is less painful than for-going tha joys of food... i packed on 5kgs after a month that was taken over by cold/flu/busy schedule... i got two runs and a toning class to get me back motivated...
yeah i agree, in most circumstances. i presume u're talking about my current exercise and diet? like samboy said its for a specific purpose, and only for 12 weeks. after this i intend to do what u're saying

besides, i get sundays to eat normally. had a great oxtail risotto on sunday

1 - 20 of 433 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.