SkyscraperCity banner

561 - 570 of 570 Posts

·
Queenslander
334 Posts
^^ I thought The Warehouse only occupies one level of the Family. Has the remainder of the nightclub closed down?
Believe so, the family website redirects to Warehouse and the fitout has been brought in line with upstairs although remnants of family are still obvious to those who know.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
I just checked out their website and you're right, the whole venue has been stripped back to its industrial roots. I quite like it actually! Here's the virtual tour.

It's a very large building to utilise solely as a function space for hire, especially in the current environment.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #563
A project currently underway that I can find fairly little about is AsheMorgan's refurbishment of "The Complex", the former Commonwealth Government Buildings on the Creek Street side of Anzac Square. I can't find a whole lot of detail on this one, as the only DA that has been lodged is a construction management plan by Hutchies to do something I'm definitely not happy about - they've removed the concrete facade on the Creek Street size (the one that is modelled on the heritage-listed Commonwealth Government Offices).

20210106_154730
by Nathan Murray, on Flickr

I quite liked those two facade elements and the way they partially 'completed' the never-finished Commonwealth Government block of Anzac Square, and I very much hope the Adelaide Street side one is retained at the very least!

20210106_154847

20210106_155006

·
Queenslander
334 Posts
A project currently underway that I can find fairly little about is AsheMorgan's refurbishment of "The Complex", the former Commonwealth Government Buildings on the Creek Street side of Anzac Square. I can't find a whole lot of detail on this one, as the only DA that has been lodged is a construction management plan by Hutchies to do something I'm definitely not happy about - they've removed the concrete facade on the Creek Street size (the one that is modelled on the heritage-listed Commonwealth Government Offices).

20210106_154730

I quite liked those two facade elements and the way they partially 'completed' the never-finished Commonwealth Government block of Anzac Square, and I very much hope the Adelaide Street side one is retained at the very least!

20210106_154847

20210106_155006
(n) why are they removing the sandstone? it looks great.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #565

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
IMO that is going to be so much better than those messy sails. I love the shade/protective feature in Felix Street. That shows that they have gone out of their way to please me. Hahaha.

561 - 570 of 570 Posts