SkyscraperCity banner

321 - 337 of 337 Posts

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Do we really need vertical schools in outer suburbs? I know what Springfield is intended to become, but I’m sure there is enough open land in the area not to need a high rise with limited open space. I’d argue schools add to the social fabric with open space, usable sporting grounds etc. if this was in the inner suburb where land was restricted, I’d understand it more. But it’s out near Ipswich.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
^^ Unusual design...is it just me, or does putting a spiral ramp in the middle like this create less capacity than using more conventional level-to-level ramps would?

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
^^ A spiral ramp would have been better placed at one of the corners of the site, with the main parking station occupying the remainder. A much more efficient use of the site area, IMO.

·
Optimist
7,318 Posts
My only guess is that it may be more efficient for getting cars in and out during peak hours. It does seem odd though.

·
QUEENSLANDER!!!
2,542 Posts
I think it looks great. As the gateway to Springfield, a car park isn't the landmark building you'd expect, but they've at least made it look good.

I actually like the spiral. Station car parks have big inflows and outflows during the peaks. This option seems efficient for traffic as you don't need to circulate whole floors to go up. Also the void lets in sunlight and allows them not to install/run mechanical exhaust.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just got a good look of the new council admin building (getting close to completion) as viewed from the outside balcony of the Riverlink mall and i must say it's quite an impressive building for Ipswich. Decent height and not bad looking glass either (sorry no photos). Taller then the Oaks Aspire building and new tallest in the city. Wouldn't mind finding out the actual height if anybody knows?

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Stage 1 of the Ipswich mall redevelopment opened today.
Brisbane Times----> New heart for Ipswich as $250 million Tulmur Place opens

Ipswich will have a new city heart from Saturday with the opening of Tulmur Place in Nicholas Street, which opens out to the Bremer River.

Tulmur Place, the new civic plaza, is part of the $250 million redevelopment of Nicholas Street, where the old Ipswich Mall has been redeveloped over the past four years.
Discover Ipswich---> Tulmur Place Grand Opening

321 - 337 of 337 Posts