SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
23,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an article I saw in the Albert/Logan News:

RESORT TOWER ON WAY

By Fiona Ross-Edwards

A 28-STOREY "resort style" development has been proposed for Daisy Hill.

The proposal lodged by Eastcoast Corporation Pty Ltd last month, is earmarked for 13-17 Old Chatswood Road, the site occupied by Springtime Gardens Caravan Park.
The development includes an 85m-tall accommodation building, appartments, a childcare centre, an indoor entertainment facility, a shopping centre, a restaurant and a retail showroom.
There will be office blocks built on the site and 2500 car spaces. The facility will operate 24hours a day, seven days a week.
Logan City Councillor Aidan McLindon said the development would be "resort style".
It's going to be Iconic, it will put Springwood on the map as the half way point between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, "he said, "It's going to be about 2.5 times the size of the Springwood Tower."
Cr McLindon said the development had received plenty of preliminary support, but he was eager to hear from residents near the site.
"There will be traffic concerns from an increase in congestion. And they are planning to apply for a liquor licence," he said.
City design committee chairman Russell Lutton said the development would take at least 12 months to go through the application process.

Apparently there is another highrise also proposed for Woodridge. Maybe Logan is going to become Brisbanes Parramatta??

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Well - that'll be nice to see driving down the M1. Honestly Logan I think is very pro-highrise and development. Look at all their watertowers and bridges lit up with neon and flashy blue and yellow lights.

·
I love Australia
82 Posts
thats true JayT, they do have those pretty blue lights under all the underpasses on the highway once u reach logan city....too bad its to stop druggos shooting up on needles tho ! LOLZZZ

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
maybe or maybe it has more to do with the big neon sign saying 'welcome to logan'

cant say i have seen to many junkies on the pacific motorway?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
it will put Springwood on the map as the half way point between Brisbane and the Gold Coast

Half way point between Brisbane and GC? I thought Logan is much closer to Brisbane. Does anyone know the distance to Logan from Brisbane?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Half way point between Brisbane and GC? I thought Logan is much closer to Brisbane. Does anyone know the distance to Logan from Brisbane?
It depends where you put the start of the Gold Coast. Strictly Beenleight is part of the GC even though it is considered within the Brisbane Metro.

Springwood is about 19kms from the CBD while Ormeau is another 20kms.

·
I love Australia
82 Posts
TOCC said:
maybe or maybe it has more to do with the big neon sign saying 'welcome to logan'

cant say i have seen to many junkies on the pacific motorway?
LOL nah it is so druggos cant find a vein with the blue light, thats the real reason, and i said it was on the under passes, which isnt the motorway.

·
Captain Awesome
738 Posts
One of the Park Ridge Transit buses has black light flurecents instead of normal flurencents to stop druggos shooting up on the bus.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice. I've lived in Daisy Hill for nearly 15 months. It's nice and quiet up here near the Koala Centre. I'm guessing this will be at the far Western end of Chatswood Rd (never paid much attention to Springtime Gardens before). I'm looking forward to seeing several more towers rise in the vicinity of Springwood......

·
23,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what I understand it is going to be opposite or very near to the new Mega Ikea that is being built. Boom time Daisy Hill!!!

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Aaron17 said:
LOL nah it is so druggos cant find a vein with the blue light, thats the real reason, and i said it was on the under passes, which isnt the motorway.
on the highway
nope you definetly said on the motorway(highway), are you from logan are you? what underpasses are you talking about? Im not from logan but from Stretton, so i do a lot of business in Logan(Springwood) and dont see any underpasses with Blue Neons other then the ones the light up the overpasses along the motorway.

Anyway, Springwood is definetly not the halfway mark from the Brissie to the Coast. Then again is suppose it depends where your coming from, from say Ashgrove on the North Side then its definetly the half way point. But i live in Stretton/Sunnybank Hills and im only about 20kms out from the BNE CBD and the Springfield onramp(10min away) is where i get on the highway to go to the coast. Its about 60km from there to the actual Coast(Smith St area)

·
Premium Member
9,122 Posts
When you drive to the coast there is a creek called "halfway" creek, and it seems to be pretty close to the middle. Last time I drove down I was suprised to see a welcome to the Gold Coast sign on an overpass which seemed to be miles from the coast.

Hope this 28 level building gets the go ahead.

·
23,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
James Saito said:
it will put Springwood on the map as the half way point between Brisbane and the Gold Coast

If you look at it technically Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Logan are three separate cities. Logan is actually quite skinny, along the Freeway it extends from Underwood to Loganholme of which Springwood is approximately halfway.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Geographically, Springwood is around a third of the way from Brisbane's CBD to the heart of the Gold Coast. It's a pretty convenient place to live.....30 minutes by bus to the city (around 15 by car on a good run) and 40 minutes drive to places like Burleigh Beach or Beaudesert. Garden City is 10 minutes away and the Logan Hyperdome not even 5. It's only a matter of time before the area sees more medium to high density growth in my opinion........

·
Registered
26 Posts
Logan has got such a bad reputation and this is due to the western side of the highway like woodridge kigston etc. however the eastern side of the highway suburbs such as shalier park, springwood, cornubia, all nice suburbs and some up market, which in my opinion is much nicer place to live than some dingy old inner city queenslander in brisbane!

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Those QLDers are usually shitty on the outside but have heaps on the inside.
Being that the house itself is worth alot.

Either way..

·
Registered
300 Posts
I noticed yesterday Springtime gardens backs onto Motorline (BMW). That would be remarkable....... a 28 storey tower almost on the motorway opposite Woolies on Chatswood.....

·
D grade celebrity
1,195 Posts
I think it does have the potential, it would look good seeing a mini skyline driving down the M1. Later this year or early 07 the 29000sqm new Ikea store will also add to the new Logan

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Logan has BIG inspirations - love how they decorate all the watertowers and bridges in lights.

1 - 20 of 372 Posts