SkyscraperCity banner

321 - 340 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
A puff piece from the Courier Mail for a nice looking little office development for Beenleigh. Also said to include a rejuvenation of John Lane, which sits behind the site.

InvestLogan’s York St development in Beenleigh tipped to kick start and economic and jobs revival

Chris Herde, The Courier-Mail
March 8, 2019 10:21am

BEENLEIGH is set for an economic and jobs boom on the back of InvestLogan’s first mixed-use building development in its CBD.

A Development Application will soon be lodged with the Logan City Council for the first commercial building to be built in Beenleigh in over a decade.

The $20 million project on 96-98 York St features a facelift to John Lane, between John and George streets plus the development of a new 4000sq m, seven-storey commercial building.

It will also have four SOHO (study or home office) apartments and 156sq m of ground floor retail space.

Source: Courier Mail

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
The Kingston Butter Factory to be converted into an outdoor music venue for small concerts and other events

Couriermail---------------------------->https://www.couriermail.com.au/ques...e/news-story/e764d4c1e09de858971eef425b9f51ac

Stage set for Kingston Butter Factory to rise as outdoor venue
Judith Kerr, Quest Newspapers
April 8, 2019 3:00pm
Subscriber only
A NEW outdoor music and entertainment venue to rival Brisbane’s Riverstage will be built in Logan.

The outdoor stage, part of Logan City Council’s $12 million Kingston Butter Factory revamp, will be able to cater for crowds of up to 5000.

It is envisaged concerts, plays, theatre and other outdoor shows, including Logan City’s popular Eats and Beats music nights, will be held at the $2.3 million outdoor arena which will also include a multi-use plaza, viewing areas and a forecourt.

The Butter Factory, built in 1907, was closed late last year after council allocated $8 million to overhaul existing buildings and its theatre for an innovation hub.

The outdoor arena was given a boost on Monday, when Labor MP for Rankin Jim Chalmers pledged to donate $429,000 to the cause, if Labor wins next month’s election.

Cr Russell Lutton with acting mayor Cherie Dalley and Labor MP for Rankin Jim Chalmers. PHOTO: JUDITH KERR
“It will be great to have some local talent perform here not just for local people but if we make this as good as we plan it to be, there’s no reason why we can’t host some amazing international acts,” said Mr Chalmers.

“The council has done a lot of consulting with the community as there were existing tenants the council had to find a place for.

“But they have consulted with the community which takes a bit of time to find out what is wanted and needed here.

“This will be Logan’s biggest permanent outdoor events space on the site and will ensure the city becomes an attractive destination for major outdoor concerts and cultural events, rivalling Brisbane’s Riverstage.”

Logan City Historical Museum Society’s Cathy Windsor. The society, along with a ballet school were moved from the Butter Factory when it was decided to use the site for an innovation hub. AAP /Richard Walker
Logan City Planning chairman Russell Lutton said parking and new roads would be well planned with a ring road designed to keep traffic flowing one way around the venue.

He said there was likely to be parking for up to 1000 cars but said the venue was next to Kingston train station and many people would travel via train.

The Kingston Butter Factory has been part of the local community since it was built in 1907, producing dairy goods until 1983 before being converted into a community centre in 1988.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Noticed today that one of the empty blocks in Beenleigh is up for auction (the one between Cash Converters and the ford place).
I wonder if it will sell (and if so what the purchaser will do with the land)

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
With Zarraffa's Coffee having moved its head office, coffee roasting operations and distribution into 8000sqm of the failed Factory Outlet site off the highway at Eagleby (a former function space that was attached to the Beenleigh Rum Distillery back in the 1980s), and opening a coffee mecca concept cafe called Kiwanda Cafe attached to the roastery, Zarraffa’s Coffee founder Kenton Campbell has now announced his plans for the remaining 10,000sqm of the complex - the Distillery Road Market.

Coffee king’s plan for $50m foodies paradise inspired by New York’s Chelsea Market and London’s Borough Market

Distillery Road Market is being touted as Australia’s next great food market and is the brainchild of local entrepreneur and Zarraffa’s Coffee founder Kenton Campbell.

Phil Bartsch, The Courier-Mail
Subscriber only
|
August 7, 2019 4:27pm

Artist's impression of Distillery Road Market.

MOUTH-watering plans for a $50 million foodies paradise — inspired by New York’s Chelsea Market and London’s Borough Market — are set to be unveiled south of Brisbane.

Distillery Road Market is being touted as Australia’s next great food market and is the brainchild of local entrepreneur and Zarraffa’s Coffee founder Kenton Campbell.

Earmarked for a site next to the M1 motorway and Beenleigh Rum Distillery at Eagleby, the fresh produce, dining and entertainment destination is expected to open in late 2020.

It will house a curated offering of fresh food, grab-and-go eateries, restaurants, a brewery, arts and craft, exhibition hall, flowers, smokehouse, outdoor gardens and stages as well as a children’s playground.

Artist's impression of Distillery Road Market.

Mr Campbell said his aim was to offer a “true market experience” trading four days a week from Thursday to Sunday.

Read more here: https://www.couriermail.com.au/busi...t/news-story/afc71f73f3836b534f47890eaae4f56a

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
The Courier Mail this morning has two additional articles relating to the new Zarraffa's HQ, Kiwanda Cafe and Distillery Road Market. The first one recaps the history of the formerly derelict building, how it ended up like that, and the purchase by Zarraffa's.

Zarraffa’s Coffee boss Kenton Campbell has just thrown open the doors of his new $20 million national headquarters on a formerly abandoned site that fell victim to vandals

An abandoned retail project with prominent frontage along the MI Pacific Highway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast has now been transformed into a mecca for coffee lovers

Anthony Marx, The Courier-Mail
Subscriber only
|
August 8, 2019 8:07pm

It earned the dubious distinction of being one of southeast Queensland’s biggest eyesores and became a target for vandals.

But an abandoned retail project with prominent frontage along the MI Pacific Highway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast has now been transformed into a mecca for coffee lovers.

*SNIP*

Zarraffa’s Coffee boss Kenton Campbell (illustrated) has just thrown open the doors of his new $20 million national headquarters four years after first flagging the move.
Source: https://www.couriermail.com.au/busi...s/news-story/fe4e9443a41bebd8b19ef014e2c2df81

The second one is more about the Kiwanda Cafe and Roastery, and how it will form an anchor tenant for the Distillery Road Market.

Coffee culture brews up new uber retailing era in SEQ as Zarraffa’s opens new $20m HQ

New retailing era beckons as Zarraffa’s Coffee officially opens its headquarters and bespoke Kiwanda Cafe as part of what will become Distillery Road Market.

Phil Bartsch, The Courier-Mail
Subscriber only
|
August 8, 2019 8:07pm

RETAILING — in its bricks-and-mortar form, particularly traditional shopping centres — might be in recession but it is not dead.

So says Zarraffa’s Coffee founder Kenton Campbell, who has unveiled a new $20 million headquarters south of Brisbane and big plans for a world-class market, dining and entertainment hub.

*SNIP*

Mr Campbell said the new Zarraffa’s HQ at Eagleby — halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast — and its bespoke Kiwanda Cafe were the anchor tenants of what will become Distillery Road Market (DRM).

*SNIP*

“We don’t want big brands, we want the region’s finest market operators and we’ve set the tone for that by not complicating it with your typical Zarraffa’s Coffee cafe.”
Source: https://www.couriermail.com.au/busi...q/news-story/0329ea7a52432e94f96af55109836d5d

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
And, after a bit of digging, here are the floor plans from Logan's PDOnline. Cottee Parker are designing it. The grey shaded areas are the Zarraffa's head office, roastery and distribution space.

Here's a close up of the Legend so it can be read.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
^^ It is always a possibility, but the fact that it is owned and anchored by a major franchisor who use it as their head office and distribution hub, I feel gives it a bit more viability and stability than such a development would otherwise have.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Looks like retail in Beenleigh continues to go nowhere. So far the new construction opposite Beenleigh Marketplace has gotten a relocated Subway store with the old Subway store remaining empty for months and everything else so far seems to be medical (although there are still stores yet to open in the centre). And now on top of that it Mr Toys is going away (probably to be replaced with yet another empty store no doubt)

The planning may say that Beenleigh is intended to be the commercial and retail heart of the area but I see no evidence that its actually going to happen.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the info.
I do wonder what the 2 standalone buildings next to Hungry Jacks will be though.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Does anyone here know of any useful info to help me figure out who to vote for in the Logan Council election? Something that can tell me the policies of the different candidates (or even who my choices are)

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Does anyone here know of any useful info to help me figure out who to vote for in the Logan Council election? Something that can tell me the policies of the different candidates (or even who my choices are)
This is the most comprehensive list of candidates I've been able to find:
http://livinginlogan.com.au/election-candidates/.

To investigate who to vote for I went to all their websites and considered their policy positions (I was also informed by a visit I had when a candidate came door knocking).

I won't tell you who to vote for, but there certainly is some variation in term of the policy positions of the candidates for mayor, and I know based on my research who I want to vote for.

321 - 340 of 372 Posts