SkyscraperCity banner

281 - 300 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Crane went up this morning for the apartment building on the corner of Commercial Rd and Florence St :). I wish I could take pics as I will have a direct view of this building rising from my place.
Went back and looked, this is "Fabric".

·
Optimist
7,318 Posts
^^ They are also opening 2 in West End as well.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
^^ And from the red side, I've heard rumours that Coles are looking at opening a store in the Valley Heart area. The old Waltons was mentioned as a possible candidate site.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
A proper supermarket in the Valley area (even if its more like the MYER Centre Coles than a full coles like you would see in a typical shopping centre) would provide great competition to the tiny little expensive Foodworks in Valley Metro and the whole pile of convenience stores (7-Eleven, Night Owl and others).

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
^^ Exactly. While there are supermarkets in surrounding areas (Woolies at Spring Hill and Gasworks, Coles at New Farm) the Valley itself is quite under-serviced. You have the Foodworks, IGA Valley, Aldi at the Homemaker Centre, the two Asian Grocers (Yuen's Market on Wickham Street and the other one around the corner from The Family) and the James St Markets. While Aldi, James St Markets and the Asian Grocers make for a good mix, a proper full line supermarket I think is needed on top of that.

Personally, I think a Kmart could also work well in the Valley.

281 - 300 of 329 Posts