SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was in the Advertiser a while ago that Peter Butterfly(a developer who developed some of the gold coast and other places around the world) has proposed to build a Resort hotel, theme park, golf corse(with fees of up to 5k a year) and 1250 housing blocks at port hughs. "The beach reminds me of Gold Coast before all the skyrises were built"

"RESORT HOTEL... THEME PARK ...GOLF COURSE"

"$200 million development at Port Hughes"

-1250 housing allotments

an international resort hotel

a theme park

and

international golf course

is planned for Port Hughes" thats what was in a local news paper.
But i dont think it has gone through coz it was in the advertiser a lot but then it just disapeared. and all the NIMBY's complained because it would ruin the sand dunes.

I dont really want it in port hughs but it would be awsome like some where els in SA. The beach is too beautiful there. And it does look like the Gold Coast beachs.
It would be interesting if someone could help me find more about it.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
I dont understand people complaining all the time about bloody sand.
If development is done properly, with high consideration for the surrounding environment, there is absolutely no reason why it should or would ruin sand dunes or anything else. Other then some rich, stuck up snobs view of the water.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the locals are angry because the proposal is on the sand dunes

but what i dont understand is whats the big fuss they arnt evan that big + they are ugly with all the shrubs but i like em

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
The size doesnt matter, but what the dunes are home to does.

Any more info on that proposed theme park?
Would it be a gold coast style park?
Because you know, technically places like magic mountain, are(or were) theme parks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
.::G!oRgOs::. said:
Too bad this wont happen. Its really needed in my opinion. As for the Sand dunes, get a life.
why wont it happen, it may if peter butterfly buys the land in Jan (i think thats the date) but it should be built some where els (closer to adelaide)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hope sooooooo much, that this will happen. But probably it will. 99.9%
This will superboost South Australia's tourism.
And a theme park will be great.

About dunes:
"Subject to agreement with authorities, the concept also includes pedestrian connections to the beach via fully developed coastal boardwalks to protect the sand dunes, vegetation and heritage features.
It will happen!!!! :banana: Can't wait!

BTW: When will it be officially confirmed (if)?

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
When will it be confirmed?
When the necessary land is acquired, and approval is granted by the relevant authorities.

Dont get your hopes up yet.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
*LaZ*VegaZ* said:
why wont it happen, it may if peter butterfly buys the land in Jan (i think thats the date) but it should be built some where els (closer to adelaide)
If anyone knows the slightest thing about SA, they'd know theres only a slim chance of this going through.

Anyway, I can't see it happening but i hope it does.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm with giorgos, i cant see it hapening but we will see early next year, anyway im pretty sure pplz said the same thing back in Gold Coast when their first park was proposed

·
Registered
61 Posts
If anyone knows the slightest thing about SA, they'd know theres only a slim chance of this going through.
No, I don't know. Explain it to me.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
SA Is full of small-thinkers and nimbys. That explains why Adelaide has remained a Country town even after surpassing 1 million people. Read Amanda Blairs article in the sunday mail 2 weeks ago for an accurate and detailed outlook on the City of Adelaide.

·
Registered
61 Posts
SA Is full of small-thinkers and nimbys. That explains why Adelaide has remained a Country town even after surpassing 1 million people. Read Amanda Blairs article in the sunday mail 2 weeks ago for an accurate and detailed outlook on the City of Adelaide.
Country town?

·
Registered
633 Posts
This is a pretty impressive brief current developments list for a country town, wouldn't you say?

1 - 20 of 213 Posts