SkyscraperCity banner

3481 - 3500 of 3506 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
World renowned architect Kengo Kuma is set to design his first residential development in Brisbane’s West End in 2021.

Teaming up with award winning Plus Architecture, the project is a $500 million development by Crown Group which has attracted worldwide attention, as it has the potential to become Kengo Kuma’s largest residential design to date. The firm’s collaboration with Kengo boasts bringing “West End’s culture and heritage to life” with a 1.25 hectare of prime waterfront transformed into an urban style resort featuring apartment, terrace homes and penthouses at 117 Victoria Street.
He's got quite a pedigree:

Some of Kuma’s most notable works include the Suntory Museum of Art in Tokyo, Bamboo Wall House in China, LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy) Group’s Japan headquarters and Tokyo’s Olympic Stadium for the 2020 games

The DA is expected to be submitted in the middle of this year.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
16,735 Posts
^^ Apparently it is a water feature according to the Courier Mail write up on the area. I had a look over the weekend, and it looks to be a great spot, although out on the lawn there is a very hot spot. I hope they can keep that lawn healthy in the sun.

“With more than 10,000 new plants and 55 mature trees, the project extends South Bank’s rainforest and creates a seating area, with more than 80 hanging plants representing the rainforest originally located in the area.”

Contemporary Aboriginal artist, Elisa Jane Carmichael, a Ngugi woman from Quandamooka Country, has shaped a water channel and sculptured forms, along the former creek’s alignment."

·
Registered
349 Posts
I thought at Southbank they used an underground irrigation system, so I imagine they grass being kept green shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'd say the majority of the damage to the lawn will be from high foot traffic and normal wear and tear from people using the space.

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
664 Posts
Saw this on LinkedIn - great video of Aria's Upper House project. I saw an Aria crane up last week but I couldn't work out (from across the river) whether it was for this one or the one with the waterfall across the road?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

·
Optimist
7,355 Posts
The greenery on Ivy and Eve is looking pretty good!

3481 - 3500 of 3506 Posts