SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1219 Posts

·
Yeah but No!!
1,479 Posts
You would think that that is expensive for a big country town but that older end of Toowoomba is very expensive and if this has views off the range then alot of people are going to think that it is worth every single penny. I like the style of the building, it will fit in very nicely in Toowoomba.

·
i've changed my mind
3,770 Posts
does anyone know where we can get a map of hieght limits for toowoomba? ive been searching for months and cant find anything, i even tryed writing email to council but with no reply :-(
I'm Particularly interested in height limits for the CBD... cause i remember vaguely that the council reduced limits when heritage building society headquarters and condamine centre were built... hopefully fake memory :p

·
Registered
241 Posts
Danubis I have lived in toowoomba for 11 years and i have heard of no such height limits. I will try and get my hands on a height limits map. The council are pretty lax. I went in years ago and asked for details on the condamine centre and heritage plaza and they did not know what i was talking about. A year later i met a good mate that worked on the 4th floor of the council offices, where the information is and he got me all the heights and details.

There is another building in Ruthven Street that has been approved, a 7 storey office at 32 meters. I will try and get some pics

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah would look great. The skyscrapers would have to be pretty large thou. The city is about 4 km from the edge of the range and is in a hollow. The only chance is skyscrapers like cottesloe crest on the range, the grosvenor is hopefully the start of things to come.

·
i've changed my mind
3,770 Posts
was looking on skyscraperpage.com at the diagrams page for toowoomba, and thought the diagrams for the pictures look a bit misleading. although i dont question the height of cotesloe crest, in real life, it dosnt to be in that proportion when compared to heritage building

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah the picture on skyscraperspage.com is a bit misleading. That picture was draw years ago and was a bit dodgy, i will have to update the picture. A couple of years ago there was a building proposed, think it was called sunset plaza, it was to be 85 meters, but i think that the conservative nature of toowoomba snuffed this one out. Rang my mate the other day and he said that there was a 50 meter height limit when heritage and condamine were built, this was reduced to 35 meters in 1990. But as far as he nows there is no height limits on the range, its just up to the public and developers.

I think that they have lifted the height limit for the city. All the suburbs have a height limit of 25 meters now and uni has a 35 meter height limit to roof. There are numerous buildings at uni that are 5 stories and new engineering building is around 30 meters. The old engineering building is 25m to roof and 70m to the top of the spire/ant.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah the height is quite deceptive. I only write what i have been told. My mate in the council gave me all the figures and i just have used them. I have changed the building on skyscraperpage.com. Yeah never could work out why you would by the bottom floors as on the city side there is huge dirt ridge about 8m in height and brisbane side there is gym and other facilities. 6.7 million is the figure i have. Took a lot of careful placement i think and land levels made.

·
i've changed my mind
3,770 Posts
#OFFICIAL :Toowoomba Projects

Just something i made up because I was up at 5 in the morning and very bored!!! lol

Long Pano ->

Post any pics of Toowoomba's skyline too please :) i'm yet to come across any pics that acurately show toowoomba's unique cbd

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I could get a view from Queens Park - it reminds me of a smallish Adelaide.

jt

·
Registered
241 Posts
Danubis not trying to outdo u :) mate, just i have a few toowoomba pana's already done, had them on my hard drive, just had to find them. I will post a few more.

·
i've changed my mind
3,770 Posts
i heard from my old 'rumour sources' back in woombie that because heritage has expanded so rapidly in qld over the past few years, that they're considering building another building for office space between the bus exchange thingy and the existing terminal... i imagine that they would connect it to the excisting building somehow... from memory, heritage plaza thingy is there at the moment (which is part of the heritage building structure anyway)

1 - 20 of 1219 Posts