SkyscraperCity banner

141 - 160 of 1225 Posts

·
i've changed my mind
3,771 Posts

Ive copyed this off skyscraperpage and put in the new building, also note that i've altered to height of cotestloe cres to its real height of 49m, not the 69.9 as quoted on ssp.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah a friend of mine said that he saw a billboard posted for a new 8 storey commercial tower. I asked him to take a picture of it and send it to me.

·
6,399 Posts
Great news. This is bigger than the render suggests

It comprised one floor of retail with a mezzanine level, one floor of commercial space, eight luxurious penthouses, 10 sub-penthouses and three floors of serviced apartments.

In all, the building would include 61 apartments as well as a conference room, gym, lap pool and barbecue facilities.
It must be pretty long heh?

·
i've changed my mind
3,771 Posts
from the chronicle - joe posted the link b4 :)

$30 million development to inject life into inner city

A $30 MILLION development of a type not seen before in Toowoomba is set to change the city’s skyline and inject life into the central business district.

Work will begin in July on an eightstorey complex opposite City Hall in Ruthven Street comprising not only retail, high-rise residential and commercial levels, but also prestigious serviced apartments.

A consortium including local developer Roger Telford and Prime Property Investment managing director Sid Knell has acquired a vacant block and an adjoining site in Ruthven Street to build "Trilogy Apartments".

News of the approved project comes just days after building contractor and project manager FK Gardner & Sons unveiled plans for a $13 million high-rise residential, retail and commercial development in Margaret Street.
Market analysts point to growing demand for high-rise apartment living, including in the CBD, which would boost inner city cafes, restaurants and retailers.

Urban Development Institute of Australia, Toowoomba president Ron Barclay said such developments were good for the city, good for retail and good for restaurants in the CBD.

"It’s a sign of the city growing up," he said.

Prime Property Investment business development manager James Latta said the Trilogy Apartments project was unique for Toowoomba.

"(It has) four different varieties of space in one building," he said.

Trilogy Apartments, which would be built across the two blocks on Ruthven Street, would have three levels of sub-basement parking, with 130 car spaces.

It comprised one floor of retail with a mezzanine level, one floor of commercial space, eight luxurious penthouses, 10 sub-penthouses and three floors of serviced apartments.

In all, the building would include 61 apartments as well as a conference room, gym, lap pool and barbecue facilities.

Mr Latta said the Toowoomba City Council had approved plans for the development, with the building scheduled to be completed around August/September, 2006.

Prices for the apartments would range from just below $300,000 for two bed room apartments and around $550,000 for the penthouses, he said.

Marcus Eames, of LJ Hooker Commercial in Toowoomba, said innercity residential developments presented lifestyle options for a growing city.

"It is definitely a good thing for the CBD and Toowoomba," he said.

The Chronicle Online

·
Registered
241 Posts
No unfortunately not ... it is on the same block of land as the 8 storey commercial building so .... unless they can find another block in the city does not look good. There is only one spare block in the city. It had a proposal about 5 years ago of a 20 storey monster (for toowoomba) but there were aboriginal land claims as it joins the Atsic building?. Sunset Plaza i think was what it was called.

Not sure why they called it Trilogy Towers. Updated diagram of Toowoomba City.

·
Registered
72,394 Posts
excellent guys! ive added to ss.com. remember any highrise over 35m is eligible for ss.com.
Hey Joe, dont forget to add Toowoomba base Hospital.Its 9 storeys and 40m to LMR and 36m to roof.
cheers

141 - 160 of 1225 Posts