SkyscraperCity banner

3101 - 3116 of 3116 Posts

·
6,399 Posts
New apartment development called Percyville Apartments to be built opposite Cutheringa Park in West End, on the Percy St side I guess. By Sunshine Coast-based Grandview Developments. Designed by Sprout Architects. Consists of 28 apartments aimed at lower end of market, construction to begin "later this year".

Confidence returns to Townsville unit development market - Townsville Bulletin, 23rd Jan 2020

·
Registered
673 Posts
Looks great, hopefully this year we see some more projects in the CBD too, quite a few sites perfect for something stunning such as the old Buchanans Hotel site at 12 Sturt Street, 158 Walker Street (hopefully any developer would include podium parking to ensure none is lost which sadly seems to be the case with developments here), 198-244 Ogden Street (would have fantastic views of the new stadium) 222-238 Sturt Street, the former Hayles Wharf site at 132 Flinders Street.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
If that "looks great" MST, I'd love to see what your version of "bad" looks like. It looks like regurgitated garage that they built in the mozzie fields in Idalia circa 10-15 years ago that haven't aged/maintained well. Progression at its finest here..

This type of project wouldnt prop new CBD projects, if at all, probably stifle it by putting that glut of sh*t on the market. Any genuine decent projects would need to compete with it, both retail and val (trying secure finance to build anything decent is a struggle in Townsville).

·
Registered
673 Posts
If that "looks great" MST, I'd love to see what your version of "bad" looks like. It looks like regurgitated garage that they built in the mozzie fields in Idalia circa 10-15 years ago that haven't aged/maintained well. Progression at its finest here..

This type of project wouldnt prop new CBD projects, if at all, probably stifle it by putting that glut of sh*t on the market. Any genuine decent projects would need to compete with it, both retail and val (trying secure finance to build anything decent is a struggle in Townsville).
My version of bad is like Central Equity type apartments in Melbourne you know lots of blank concrete, housing commission look. Now I am not saying this thing couldn't look better but really its not "that" bad. We will have to wait and see what happens and its a shame finance is so hard to get, we really need some better companies that already have strong financial backing to come here if the federal government really wants to develop Northern Australia it will need to try and encourage this as we can't keep relying on local companies.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
"regurgitated garage" priceless, good work!

I goog'd the wrong thread and it took me to the national section.

If you're interested in comments about the recent Stage 5 Ring Road announcement, click here.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Also...

My love of Brooklyn Nine Nine sums up my thoughts

(Although I think i'd probably prefer to see the Hive be developed. dunno)..

I quite like how they manage to put the powerball numbers in along with the project! Here's hoping!

·
6,399 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yes it seems no one is actually sure what they want from that site, wasn’t there a 12 storey block of units planned at one stage?

·
6,399 Posts
An update on the new Sealink terminal this week. Similiar to the DoubleTree, its a "you're telling me this thing still wasn't approved!?" update :) So the Sealink terminal was just approved by the state government, but apparentely the ferry berths themselves still aren't approved. Nevertheless, Sealink have said that "optimistically it was hoped construction could begin later this month." Which would be great, but in Townsville, if a developer definitively says construction is starting this month, then its probably not happening. If a developer optimistically says construction is starting this month, then there's no way that happening :lol:

Aside from that though, its good to have 'proof-of-life' for both Sealink and Doubletree. Having not heard any news about them for a while I started assuming they were probably scrapped, but its good to know there's still a chance one or both of them could happen.

Townsville Marine Tourism Precinct to include multi-level carpark and bus interchange, plans reveal - Townsville Bulletin, 6th January 2020

Townsville Marine Tourism Precinct development application approved by State Government - Townsville Bulletin, 7th January 2020
The new (realistic) timeline for construction of the new Sealink terminal has been revealed, with construction to start in May or June, with completion before the end of 2021. Winner of the tender to be announced in next 2 weeks. Peter Honeycombe mentioned some of the features of the project as "one and two-bedroom hotel rooms, a rooftop bar, pool, gymnasium, ground floor bar, restaurant, cafe, shops and 500-bay carpark."

Townsville developer says ferry project will be ‘amazing’ for city - Townsville Bulletin, 27th Feb 2020

3101 - 3116 of 3116 Posts