SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 502 Posts

·
Registered
76,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i thoight id give EASt its own thread as big news just in that the current aproved 50m/12st bldg will now be a tower!!! it wont be very tall but early schemes put it at 60-80m/15-20st high!
So this is great news as the original world square had 4 towers!
So Multiplex are currently designing the tower.
Ill let you know how it pans out!

cheers

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Great News Cul!

I had always hoped that this one would grow, otherwise it would have just been a wasted opportunity.

Its still short by my liking but it is far better than a pissy 50m building. I just hope that it could get bigger but I guess that would be simply pushing it too far.

However its great news!!! ;)

G

·
80m? that would be great! i know we'll never see a trul great scraper there, but what happened to architectural features!!??

·
Registered
76,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They cant get too much of scraper due to limited floor space available from the latitude development . but should look cool!

·
All the way with PJK
921 Posts
I had a gut feeling this would happen, although I was much more ambitious with the height :). Still, this is good news, I'll take 80 over 50 anyday! I'm sure they could reduce the height of the podium over half the site and add resulting floor space to the top of a thin tower and make it 100+ metres. :)

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Great to hear it could now be 80 metres tall. That part of the World Square site has alot of potential for development.

The floor to space ratio for the site really dissapoints me because of it's potential. Nothing much I can do about that.

I look forward to being informed more about this tower.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Great news! Let's hope it does indeed reach 80m...

I agree with Fabian, that sites has a lot of potential, but really, *anything* at all being built there is a real improvement of the site. Because what's there now... a carpark, not even that... so it will really be a boost to the area.

·
Registered
76,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i had a look at options today. They range from wide towers at 75m high to a tall slender tower at 112m high (to LMR). So this is great news. its as high as the mirramar diagonally opposite. So it really gives the World square its 4th tower back again!
The 112m option is only 30mx 20m floor plate and sits back from Goulburn & Pitt streets. I ll post a pic of this option tonight!!!!!
This area is amazingly dense!!
18 towers within 400m of each other.

roden cutler-108m
Sydney plaza-105m
720 george st-113m (proposed)
Mirramar-116m
Aspect-138m (about to start)
masonic-132m (UC)
regency tower 1-95m
regency tower 2-90m
regency tower-3-103m
museum towers-107m
com bank HQ-116m
East-112m (proposed)
horden towers-156m
world tower-230m (UC)
latitude-190m (UC)
cassia gardens-89m (UC)
Summit-103m)
Meriton tower-169m (UC)

:eek2:

·
Registered
76,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heres some pix of the 112m option of EAST Apartments.
It really boosts the area. What density it will have!

obviously the tower will have a detail facade and probably topped with architectural spire etc.

Goulburn Street will be the new "WALL STREET' with yet another 110m+ tower planned for the Goulburn st carpark .

when this tower goes red within 2 months, the Aspect will also go red and then we have 8-9 towers uc within 200metres of each other!!

G

·
its not that noticable..but i guess it is against two 200m towers (well close to)
also if it had the 112m option it would have a miniscule 600m2 floor plate...but thats good for small buisness - medium buisness

also "Heres some pix of the 112m option of EAST Apartments"

WTF? or is this the option if tall tower?

PLEASE NO!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think this is the 112m proposal Noonos... I think it'll suit the area fine. And heck, it's not as if we won't welcome a new tower!!! ;)

Hey Cul, is that the Goulburn St car park (in white) in the thrid pic, at the far right? Looks alright to me...!

·
5,172 Posts
So Culwulla - do you think they will go for the 112m option?

And has it now changed from office to apartments? I can't imagine getting office tenants in a floorplate that slim!

·
Registered
76,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
noonas????? this is the 112m option.its not that noticable?? well its better than a low 50m structure!!!:eek:hno:

Fro- the white bldg on Goulburn st east is the 90m office tower planned for the former Police HQ.
The planned Goulburn st carpark tower would hide the 90m former police HQ from this view.

Finn-I talked to planner and he seems happy with what ever they come up with. The short tower is 75m high but very wide . Also the 90m option. But the highest one is so slnder and presents the cnr well. The podium wil be 4 -5 storey of retail/office and the tower is now apartments with 30 levels. The design will be swift as they want to start construction asap to coincide with Ernst & Young tower.
ill keep you posted with its status/render/height etc..

·
5,172 Posts
One great thing about a nice slender apartment tower defining the corner and sitting on its own podium, is that it won't need any blank walls!

Should be excellent if they design it to fit in with the Latitude tower! :)

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
The 112 metre scheme is very slender compared to the other developments in the area. I'd like to see the other schemes before I make my mind up about the best use for the site.

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
The taller the better ....... no more "stumps" thank you!

The mid to downtown area is going ballistic. I am also hopefully that 720 George Street proceeds as that will improve the area considering the existing string of shit that lines lower George St.

I want them and I WANT THEM ALL! ;)

·
Registered
76,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<table cellpadding=4 cellspacing=0 width=98% class="quoteBox">
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by SinCity </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>The taller the better ....... no more "stumps" thank you!

The mid to downtown area is going ballistic. I am also hopefully that 720 George Street proceeds as that will improve the area considering the existing string of shit that lines lower George St.

I want them and I WANT THEM ALL! ;)</td></tr>
</table>
Thats what it hink! taller is best! thats what were all here for!
Slender tower suits me fine! minimal impact on street scape.
This is as tall as it can go due to the limited floor space avaible due to the massive 80,000sqm latitude consumes!!

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
My guess is that East (World Square Tower 4) will be 112m tall and slim, now that we know its a residential proposal.

I was never happy with the 50m commercial tower and felt that this would have been a sad waste of space. :mad:

It keeps in line with the 4 Towers of the original World Square.

Finally Tower 4 (East) will provide closure to what has been one of Sydney's longest running construction sagas. >(

G

·
Can someone please tell me where abouts in the city those detailed models of all the buildings are. I must get down their to check it out but have no idea where it is.

1 - 20 of 502 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.