SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1586 Posts

·
Registered
74,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
23,969 Posts
New Office proposed, only small but it will fill in a gap. Still trying to find exact height but it is about 35m. It is 8 levels + plant. Application number: A001846492

·
Is Slightly Opinionated.
456 Posts
New Office proposed, only small but it will fill in a gap. Still trying to find exact height but it is about 35m. It is 8 levels + plant. Application number: A001846492

Infill developments have the potential to be really interesting so this is a bit of a disappointing outcome. I agree with Brizzy-Mike's comment on the other thread too, it's very awkward from this view which is unfortunately the view most people will probably see.

·
i've changed my mind
3,809 Posts
Theres a 10(approx) story residential building about to start opposite the royal brisbane on butterfield street... they've already cleared the buildings that were there and about to start digging holes and stuff. -> the northern busways that will run alone side the hospital will go between this development and the existing BP petrol station.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Im not exactly sure where you mean the busway route is... you mean along Butterfield St or crossing though Butterfield St?

·
i've changed my mind
3,809 Posts
it crosses over, about 30 metres from the traffic intersection with lutwitche road. note: not yet built busway.

·
7,957 Posts
That building on Butterfield St has been proposed for over 2 yrs now. I used to live down the road and they had a render of it years back. I still think its a fair way off. Looks kind of shithouse too.

·
Yeah but No!!
1,496 Posts
Woolworths at Ashgrove is closing this week and I believe it will be rebuilt but I havent seen anything on what will be replacing it. As it stands it is a waste of space with a one story woolworths and one of the worst multi-storey carparks Ive ever parked in. I assume that the site includes the carpark and if so is a really big site. The latest development at Ashgrove is across Ashgrove Ave from Woolworths and is street level shops with apartments above, has any one got any details of what is to come? I am hoping for a Kelvin Grove Urban Village type of development with views of the cities tallest available.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Development is purely commercial. The development application reference on the Brisbane City Council website is A001637634. All commercial space will be at Ashgrove Avenue street level and will cover the whole site. Carparking will be undeneath with access from Harry Street and escalators up to shops.

It does seem to be a bit of a lost opportunity.

I also found mention elsewhere of an Aldi supermarket and apartments to be developed in Harry Street.

Edit: DA ref A001623854 refers to Aldi proposal. Apartments were in an earlier proposal for the same site.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
This is exactly 10 levels, but seems the best place for it.

New office block proposed next to Emporium, 10 levels and 40m high (44.3mRL - 4.3mRL), with the unfortunate title of 'Proposed Commerical Development 949 Ann Street'.

[/

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I like it, Nettleton Tribe do nice work. A grade corner site.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
This is exactly 10 levels, but seems the best place for it.

New office block proposed next to Emporium, 10 levels and 40m high (44.3mRL - 4.3mRL), with the unfortunate title of 'Proposed Commerical Development 949 Ann Street'.

[/
Is this to be built on the corner of Commercial Rd and Ann St?
It is currently a Hyundi car dealer....across the road from the Waterloo Hotel.

·
Registered
733 Posts
949 is one St up from Commercial Rd. Chester St I think. There is currently some second hand Prestige Car sales yard located there.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Is this to be built on the corner of Commercial Rd and Ann St?
It is currently a Hyundi car dealer....across the road from the Waterloo Hotel.
No I think this will be on the corner of the next car dealer, on the corner of the street before James Street.

Does anyone know when they'll begine that great little development on the corner of Wickham Tce and Brunswick St? That's one of my fav little designs under 10 stories, and will really kick start development on that dodgy part of Brunswick. I think the development was called 246 Wickham?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Great... the word mediocre springs to mind.

1 - 20 of 1586 Posts