SkyscraperCity banner

1561 - 1580 of 1586 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
More and more of this stuff popping up around Mt Gravatt/MacGregor, and again over at Coopers Plains.

Reactions: Grantus

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
647 Posts
Only ones I can think of are those you've mentioned. North Lakes is obviously on the outskirts but I could see it continuing to develop and become even more of a hub with it's own little CBD, particularly with the strong development in surrounding areas such as Narangba, Burpengary, Griffin, etc. Chermside needs better connectivity besides roads IMO, but it'll be huge in a number of years I'd imagine. So many approvals in the area.

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
Yeah I can imaging Chermside moving up, but it lacks core facilities. It hasn't stopped the many 8-10 story buildings being developed though. Being beside a major shopping center helps and the future prospect of the bus line moving north will move it forward even more. Metro all the way to Chermside would look cool.

North lakes is a pretty good bet. Quite a number of lots left in its core that could be developed with big buildings in mind and of course other surrounding pockets of big land that could make new commercial precincts. The next 20-30 years will show how this goes as more and more estates get built and suburbs even as far as Caboolture start filling in towards North Lakes. So much land opportunity for suburbs that dont even exist yet and one can clearly see that North Lakes could be somewhat of a heart to it all. The recent Ferny Grove line has helped although passenger count is down. Its a long term investment.

I'm surprised about Mt Gravatt. Such a good position/distance from the CBD and it has the Highway close by and Bus corridor. I'll have to look up Coopers Plains. Cheers for the feedback.

·
Optimist
7,318 Posts
Cannon Hill and Oxley/Sherwood are doing pretty well too. There are a heap of areas around Brisbane that are becoming dense quite fast atm. The inner suburbs will have a very different feel in the next 5 - 10 years.

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
647 Posts
Bexley Wooloowin email I received today:

"We celebrated the commencement of construction at Bexley with a soil turning ceremony which was officiated by Cedar Woods Properties together with local councilor David McLachlan and Hutchinson Builders.

Demolition will commence this month, with several non-significant buildings and sheds on the site, including two vacant brick residential aged care facilities and the former commercial laundry building being removed. Hutchinson Builders has been engaged to undertake the civil and housing construction for stage one early in the New Year, which will include 24 terrace homes.

On completion, the development will provide 84 premium terrace homes, 188 apartments and will incorporate two heritage listed buildings, with the original 1889 built laundry being adapted into seven unique residences and the 1912 built former convent likely to become a childcare centre. The centerpiece of the community will be a 4,000sqm park for residents to enjoy close to home."

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Bexley Wooloowin email I received today:

"We celebrated the commencement of construction at Bexley with a soil turning ceremony which was officiated by Cedar Woods Properties together with local councilor David McLachlan and Hutchinson Builders.

Demolition will commence this month, with several non-significant buildings and sheds on the site, including two vacant brick residential aged care facilities and the former commercial laundry building being removed. Hutchinson Builders has been engaged to undertake the civil and housing construction for stage one early in the New Year, which will include 24 terrace homes.

On completion, the development will provide 84 premium terrace homes, 188 apartments and will incorporate two heritage listed buildings, with the original 1889 built laundry being adapted into seven unique residences and the 1912 built former convent likely to become a childcare centre. The centerpiece of the community will be a 4,000sqm park for residents to enjoy close to home."

Pretty excited for this. The park will be a great addition to the area.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yeerongpilly Green Village Heart

25 Fig Street, Yeerongpilly #A005334493

Seven floor commercial and shopping centre.

The proposed development relates to the Village Centre at Yeerongpilly Green. Key features of the proposed development include:
• A supermarket with a gross floor area of 3,067m2 is proposed at ground level.
• The supermarket tenancy will be sleeved by small-scale active retail tenancies at ground level. The future use of each tenancy is not known at this stage of the development. Accordingly, this application seeks approval to allow each of the proposed tenancies to be used for either of the following land uses:
o child care centres;
o food and drink outlets;
o health care services;
o indoor sport and recreation;
o shopping centre;
o shops;
o veterinary services; or
o bars.

• A mix of entertainment activities including theatres (cinemas), office and indoor sport and recreation activities are proposed on Levels 1 and Level 2 of the building. Mezzanine storage spaces associated with the supermarket and retail uses are also proposed at this level.
• An office tower is proposed in the northern part of the site between Levels 2-7. This office will have floor plates of approximately 1,300m2.
• Two car park basement levels are proposed with a total of 454 on site car parking spaces and 10 motorcycle parking spaces.
• Basement access will be accessed via Queens Way and loading and servicing will occur via the service lane (Fig Tree Street). These access arrangements are consistent with those established through the previous reconfiguring a lot applications for Yeerongpilly Green.

·
23,969 Posts
To me, this looks great. I think some more accommodation or office here is necessary. When I went back to Caxton Street late last year, I was massively surprised with how dead it was! It's walk-up catchment though is incredibly small.

1561 - 1580 of 1586 Posts