SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 18318 Posts

·
4,667 Posts
Prishtina International Village

The project is now under construction, and sales has begun.. video as intro on www.international-village.net

International Village, a community in picturesque setting, where luxury meets convenience and where neighbors become a lifelong friends.

Our pride is in providing a home constructed with quality craftsmanship and materials, endeavoring to make every home purchaser completely satisfied, resulting in many years of enjoyment.

We are offering a community lifestyle with an integrated swimming pool, playground and picnic area where families are able to play or unwind without leaving their neighborhood. Formal entrance gates and perimeter fences, intimate green areas surrounding your homes, community recreation centers, high quality designed homes…all these premium features herald the community's distinct status.

International Village is a first housing development of its kind in Kosova in collaboration with The Municipality of Prishtina.

Containing 108 residential units, and a large recreational area, the development has been designed by leading architectural and engineering professionals from the United States. The homes and infrastructure represent the latest state-of-the-art components and standards.

Services Group International, LLC, established in The United States in 2004, is the main promoter of the project and is a partnership with more than 40 years of combined experience in real estate development, engineering and construction in the United States, Europe and the Near/Middle East.
The founders of SGI-LLC are Services Group International, Inc. of New York and DD Interiors of New York.

Equity Investors in International Village include X&M GbR, of Germany and Kosova, and PO Group of Kosova.

Construction Financing is being provided by the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), of Washington, DC.
Features:
- Custom-designed homes with three facade choices

Three spectacular model homes:
· Model A, Single Family, 419 sqm
· Model B, Single Family, 325 sqm
· Model C, Townhouse in a cluster, 261 sqm

- Community recreation and entertainment

· Community Center
· Fitness Club
· Swimming Pool
· Tennis Court
· Basketball Court
· Children's Playground
· Running Track All Around the Site

- Fully landscaped common areas and backyards

- Underground utilities

· Electricity
· Telephone
· Cable/Internet Services
· Water and Drainage
· Gas-Fired Central Heating System

- Stately gated entrance with 24hr guard service

Map:

The Project:

The House-Types:

Type A:

Type B:

Type C:

For info and videos: www.international-village.net, or pdf file: http://www.international-village.net/InternationalVillage_brochure.pdf

·
Pse Jo??
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Thats a great find Scanderbeg. I think these houses will be filled mostly by foreigners but at least this will lead the way to a new era of housing. This kind of building goes in hand with urban development and at the same time stimulates the economy by creating a mortgage type system.
This will also create a precedent for future building. It will create a new building culture. Hopefully this will say goodbye to traditional building with walls 2 metters high around the house.

·
Pse Jo??
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
i am watching the LIVE CAMERA right now of the village...there is alot of work going on today...seems like they will have all the tubes installed very soon.
THis is probably the biggest project thats going on right now.

·
4,667 Posts
Thats a great find Scanderbeg. I think these houses will be filled mostly by foreigners but at least this will lead the way to a new era of housing. This kind of building goes in hand with urban development and at the same time stimulates the economy by creating a mortgage type system.
This will also create a precedent for future building. It will create a new building culture. Hopefully this will say goodbye to traditional building with walls 2 metters high around the house.
thanx.. i saw a commercial on the television RTK about it, thats how i found it...
the houses will be bought by everyone who can afford it, not only foreigners..

yes i think this project will "set a new standard", and hopefully standard houses in the future will follow this "american model" when building houses..

whats very positive, is that the surrounding areas hajvali, veterniku etc. will gain from the infrastructure built for this "village"

Here is another project, for developing a similar "community" in prishtina: http://www.bernica.eu/

·
4,667 Posts
this summer alot is happening in Prishtina:

some reconstruction works has already started in Prishtina city center around Mother Theresa square, the works will take 4 months from now on.. : new fascades , new roads, new sidewalks, and reconstruction of mother teresa square, skanderbeg square, and bill clinton boulevard... new regulation plan will now be implemented for this area of city center, and for this area satelite dishes will be forbidden from now on :)

read here: http://urbania21.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4399#post4399

and some demolishing of illegal buildings, and shops :cheers:

most recently:

plus the removed illegal kiosks wich before where all over the city, will now be legalised for a privat company for a certain amount, and will look like this:

·
4,667 Posts
cool kindergarden in prishtina ;

american university gym:

blurred picture, of the proposal for the faculty of education competition:

all 3 designed by ernest and denis ferizi, two albanian architect brothers from switzerland

more projects at: http://urbania21.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17

·
Pse Jo??
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Some images that I froze from the LIVE CAMERA of work going on at the international village:

·
Pse Jo??
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Objektet përreth ish Hotelit “Union”, në Prishtinë, do të shndërrohen në pirg të pavarësisë

Zyrtarët e Kuvendit Komunal të Prishtinës, kanë thënë se së shpejti do të fillojnë me rrënimin e objekteve përreth hotelit “Unionit”, duke i zëvendësuar ato me një pirg të pavarësisë dhe një orë të madhe, e cila do të fillojë të lëvizë, menjëherë pas miratimit të rezolutës në Këshillin e Sigurimit dhe shpalljes së pavarësisë nga Kuvendi i Kosovës.
Lulëzim Nixha, drejtor për planifikim, urbanizëm dhe ndërtimtari në komunën e Prishtinës i ka bërë këto komente gjatë diskutimin publik dhe propozimit për rehabilitimin e Hotelit “Union”.

Ndërkaq sa i përket rehabilitimit të Hotelit “Union”, Nixha ka thënë se me privatizimin e objektit përmes Agjencisë Kosovare të Mirëbesimit, në mars të vitit 2006 dhe në përputhje me planin rregullues të “Qendrës 1” të aprovuar nga Komuna e Prishtinës, është iniciuar edhe zhvillimi i projektit për rehabilitim e tij.

Në anën tjetër, për rehabilitimin e Hotelit “Union”, dy kompanitë që e kanë fituar tenderin për hartimin e projektit kanë dhënë tri zgjidhje arkitektonike.

Në dy të parat struktura e ndërtesës nuk do të preket, kurse në të tretën nënkulmi i kësaj ndërtese do të ndërrohet.

Për këto projekte komuniteti i artistëve nuk e ka dhënë mendimin e vet, ndërkaq pjesëmarrësit tjerë më shumë janë brengosur për çështjet teknike dhe për destinimin e tij.

·
Pse Jo??
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

I just want to compile some of the projects that i saw while i was in Prishtina and took pictures of some of them:

The Entrance to Prishtina from the South, has been widened to 8 lanes, and there is plans to widen all entrances to Prishtina:

Some pictures i took of this improved segment:

In this map the widened 8 lane segment is marked in Black: Work will begin next month on widening of the segment from Prishtina to Fushe Kosova. That segment is marked in Yellow. The segment in Blue is 4 lanes wide:

Projekt për zgjerimin e rrugës Prishtinë-Fushë Kosovë

Ministria e Transportit dhe Postë Telekomunikacionit ka hartuar projektin për zgjerimin e segmentit rrugor Prishtinë-Fushë Kosovë, i cili është një ndër akset rrugore më të ngarkuara.

Projekti përfshin zgjerimin me nga një shirit qarkullimi, në të dy anët e rrugës, dhe ndërtimin e disa qarkullimeve rrethore në disa pika të këtij segmenti rrugor. Punimet në zgjerimin e këtij aksi rrugor pritet të fillojnë në muajin e ardhshëm. Ministria pritet ta bëjë së shpejti përzgjedhjen e kompanisë që do t'i kryejë punimet, sipas projektit. Ministria do të ndajë rreth 3 milion euro për realizimin e këtij projekti.

Source: www.rtklive.com

A brand new road that connects the Airport with the city has also been completed. Unfortunatly i could not take any pictures of it.

·
Pse Jo??
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

A lot of commercial building has been happening in the 'industrial zone'
I managed to get some pictures, but the bus was moving fast and i left out a lot of other buildgins:

·
Pse Jo??
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

Some work going on, on some projects that i donthave a lot of information on, but as time goes on we will find out what they are:

Here i saw work going on, and it seems like its going to be something big:

A new building on its final phases:

PTK branch:

A bunch of buildings going up in this area...not sure what they are:

·
Pse Jo??
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
The building in the RED box has been bough by ProCredit bank and is undergoing complete renovation, and brand new facades.

Here is a picture showing the building being renovated:

81 - 100 of 18318 Posts