1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pretty interesting op-ed piece from the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/17/opinion/17friedman.html?hp

Going Long Liberty in China

There has been a lot of buzz lately about investors “shorting” China’s overheated real estate market, basically betting that it will go down. I say that’s peanuts. There is a much more interesting shorting opportunity in China today. It is truly “The Big Short,” and that is betting that China can’t continue to grow at this pace indefinitely by only permitting its people to have economic liberty without political liberty. I’m sure Goldman Sachs would write you a credit default swap on that, and the Chinese Communist Party would take the other side. Are you game? It seems that the Nobel Prize Committee is. I’d be, too.

The Norwegian committee just awarded its 2010 Nobel Peace Prize to Liu Xiaobo, the jailed Chinese pro-democracy activist. The message to Beijing, I’d argue, was simple: Liberty is a value in and of itself, because without it human beings can never develop their full potential. And, therefore, liberty is also an essential ingredient for any society that wants to thrive in the 21st century. Otherwise, it can’t develop its full potential. China has thrived since Deng Xiaoping by offering its people economic freedom without political freedom. And surely one of the most intriguing political science questions in the world today is: Can China continue to prosper, while censoring the Internet, controlling its news media and insisting on a monopoly of political power by the Chinese Communist Party?

I don’t think so. To be sure, China has thrived up to now — impressively — by permitting its people only economic liberty. This may have been the sole way to quickly take a vast country of 1.3 billion people from massive poverty to much-improved standards of living, basic education for all, modernized infrastructure and even riches for some urbanites.

But the Nobel committee did China a favor in sending the tacit message with its peace prize: Don’t get too cocky and think that you have rewritten the laws of gravity. The “Beijing Consensus,” of economic liberty without political liberty, may have been a great strategy for takeoff, but it won’t get you to the next level. So this might actually be a good time for Beijing to engage peaceful democracy advocates like Liu, who is now serving an 11-year sentence, or the 23 retired Chinese Communist Party officials who last week published an open letter challenging the government to improve speech and press freedoms. (Bloomberg News said that an Internet link to the Chinese-language version of the letter could not be opened in China. Screens showed “network error.”)

My reason for believing China will have to open up sooner than its leadership thinks has to do with its basic challenge: It has to get rich before it gets old.

Because of its one-child population-control policy China, over the next few decades, will go from a country where two sets of grandparents and one set of parents are all saving for the computer for one kid, to a country where one kid will be supporting the retirement of two parents and maybe one grandparent — with little government help. Moreover, because of the practice in some families of aborting female fetuses, there could be 20 million to 40 million more men than women in China in the next few decades, and that will force some men to go abroad to find brides.

The only stable way to handle that is to raise incomes by moving more Chinese from low-wage manufacturing jobs to more knowledge- and services-based jobs, as Hong Kong did. But, and here’s the rub, today’s knowledge industries are all being built on social networks that enable open collaboration, the free sharing of ideas and the formation of productive relationships — both within companies and around the globe. The logic is that all of us are smarter than one of us, and the unique feature of today’s flat world is that you can actually tap the brains and skills of all of us, or at least more people in more places. Companies and countries that enable that will thrive more than those that don’t.

Curtis Carlson, the C.E.O. of SRI International, the innovation hub in Silicon Valley, has a tongue-in-cheek way of putting it: “In a world where so many people now have access to education and cheap tools of innovation, innovation that happens from the bottom up tends to be chaotic but smart. Innovation that happens from the top down tends to be orderly but dumb.” As a result, says Carlson, “On balance, the sweet spot for innovation today is moving down, not up.”

As such, government’s job today is to inspire, liberate, empower and enable all that stuff coming up from below, while learning to live with and manage the chaos. But what would happen if China had 600 million villagers on Twitter? In a country that already has thousands of protests every week over land seizures and corruption, its system probably could not handle that much unrestricted bottom-up energy. It is a real problem for Beijing. China can’t afford chaos, and China can’t afford not to gradually unleash more bottom-up and less top-down energies. I don’t know how China’s leaders are going to balance these imperatives.

Maybe they should ask Liu Xiaobo.

·
Registered
25,152 Posts
He is just a well paid agent of the NED, according to the NED itself he got $0.65 million to finance its antigov activities that eventually would lead to the collapse of the People's Republic to install a pro West regime. It's the same organisation that finances uyghur and tibetan splitists. How could anybody say there's something wrong about jailing somebody like him? I can't believe it.

I wonder what would happen if China financed activists and organisations in Europe and USA that seeked to erradicate the current political systems to install pro Chinese governments. And then gave awards to them once jailed.

http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/Liu-Xiaobo_NED_CIA.html
http://news.sohu.com/20101015/n275762400.shtml

·
Registered
1,452 Posts

·
pooh bear
7,497 Posts
maybe they should start by denying Friedman visas to China. Obviously he's beyond saving, he's drunk the kool-aid of the cult of democracy

·
Registered
25,152 Posts
free Vermont? free Quebec? free Northern Ireland? :lol:
Yeah. Imagine Xinhua claiming that IRA terrorists are "dissidents jailed for defending their opinions peacefully" like they said when reporting about 3/14. That would be pure reciprocity. "Spain invaded the Basques in 1937, their land had never been a part of Spain ever before". And so on :nuts:

·
Improving Earth
111 Posts
חבר1.0;65514987 said:
Let's lead by example, shall we?

Let's FREE Israel for Palestinians. :lol:

Let's FREE Arizona, Texas & California for Mexicans.

If freeing Israel is too much, why don't we FREE JERUSALEM?
We do not ask too much.
For starter, we just want Jerusalem Free for the benefit of Arabians & Palestinians. :lol:

:rofl:

While we are at it, let's be truly democratic for a moment.
Let's ask the whole world to vote ( yes, that is right -- 1 person 1 vote -- just the way Judas like it )

What are we voting?

Shall all Judas be banished and be expelled from this planet Earth once and for all??
Our goal is noble, we want to create a lasting Peace in the Middle East.

:cheers1:
We all know the results of this planet wide Vote will be overwhelming majority YES , YES, YES, ... ...
This is democracy at works.

Planet wide Voting Results: -- All Judas MUST be banished and expelled from this planet Earth, effective immediately.
:bowtie: Amen to that

NOTE: JUDAS = All Isrealese who are voting in favor of Ben Netanyahu & all those right wing zionists.

·
Improving Earth
111 Posts
חבר1.0;65566467 said:
^^

I don't understand your response or why you reacted this way.
Let's be frank.
Which part that you do not understand?
:poke:

FREE Israel for the benefit of Arabians & Palestinians.
or
Democracy at work? 1 person 1 vote -- just the way Judas like it
or
Planet Wide Voting Result: Overwhelming Majority -- Billions of YES, YES, YES ... ...
in agreement for ...

Banishing & Expelling all Isrealese Judas from this planet Earth, effective immediately

NOTE: Isrealese JUDAS = All Isrealese who are voting in favor of Ben Netanyahu & all his Criminal cronies & right wing zionist Thugs

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's be frank.
Which part that you do not understand?
:poke:

FREE Israel for the benefit of Arabians & Palestinians.
or
Democracy at work? 1 person 1 vote -- just the way Judas like it
or
Planet Wide Voting Result: Overwhelming Majority -- Billions of YES, YES, YES ... ...
in agreement for ...

Banishing & Expelling all Isrealese Judas from this planet Earth, effective immediately
I still don't understand your point. I am a very simple person, who needs simple explanations.

·
Improving Earth
111 Posts
חבר1.0;65587195 said:
I still don't understand your point. I am a very simple person, who needs simple explanations.
I am very busy now.
:bash: I will try to explain when I am free in a few days.

Meanwhile to save time ... ...
Tell me -- which 3 points below you do not understand?
Let's have a frank discussion.

1) FREE Israel for the benefit of Arabians & Palestinians.
or

2) Democracy at work? 1 person 1 vote -- just the way Judas like it
or

3) Planet Wide Voting Result: Overwhelming Majority -- Billions of YES, YES, YES ... ...
in agreement for ...

3a) Banishing & Expelling all Isrealese Judas from this planet Earth, effective immediately

NOTE: Isrealese JUDAS = All Isrealese who are voting in favor of Ben Netanyahu & all his Criminal cronies & right wing zionist Thugs

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I understand what you are saying in your comment. I just don't understand how it is relevant in the context of this thread. (I don't understand how it is relevant to this thread). I am talking about an interesting op-ed piece in the New York Times about China, you are talking about Israel. I don't understand what the second thing has to do with the first.

BTW, I don't know why you are attacking Israel or Jews since (1) I never said anything bad about China; (2) Israelis/Jews are very fond of all things Chinese (as much as any group of people in 'the West'); and (3) it's not relevant to this article.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
^^It's ok, it just misunderstand. The whole NYT article sound very soft, but the meaning is the same, democracy, may be. Look at this table below:

You can see there are a huge different between what Chinese people think and with what foreigners understand about China.

We admit there are many dissatisfy with China current condition like low income, some undeveloped area, etc for example. But so far we are quite happy with the current condition comparing with the ugly past from the late Qing dynasty to Mao era.

I never been to China, so I just gathering many info and ask many people in the internet. I hope you and me can have a change to visit China to see the real situation.

·
Registered
860 Posts
^^ what is the table trying to represent? is it dissatisfaction of China from other nations or each country's people dissatisfaction with the country they are in?

·
Improving Earth
111 Posts
חבר1.0;65588517 said:
... ... (I don't understand how it is relevant to this thread). I am talking about an interesting op-ed piece in the New York Times about China, you are talking about Israel. I don't understand what the second thing has to do with the first. ... ...
^^

NOTE:

1) Playing "Dumb and Dumber" does not always work unless you are truly dumb.

2) Israelese JUDAS = All Israelese who are voting in favor of Ben Netanyahu & all his Criminal cronies & right wing zionist Thugs

3) I am going the extra mile in carefully Differentiating between (good & decent Jew) and (bad & evil Jewese, Israelese)

4) All decent people on Earth welcome and embrace all (good & decent Jew).

-----------------------------------------------

It is relevant because:

5) You as a Jewese, coming to this Forum China City Hall and start a thread that is very much offensive and meddling towards the Greater China prosperity. -- Just imagine what will be the uproar in the Jewese land if I go to Israelese Bar-Beret Forum and start posting Journalists stories about:

5a) How Mossad murdered (Mahmoud al-Mabouh), getting away with the murder, laughing hysterically and profiting from it ?

Link: http://www.richardsilverstein.com/tikun_olam/2010/03/02/jerusalem-post-profiting-from-mossad-murder/

5b) How about the Mossad murder of innocent Iranian Scientist (Masoud Ali Mohammadi) and again getting away with the murder while their mouth are drooling uncontrollably ?

Link: http://www.iranian.com/main/2010/jan/masoud-ali-mohammadi

5c) Imagine, we are talking about a nation spy agency the Mossad who is always getting away with murders while using Americanese, Britese, French, Germans passports to carry out the crimes.
When will Mossad be accountable? I guess never as long as Jewese is controlling and riding the white WASP.

6) Democracy is absolutely bad for China and all the other country on Earth.

6a) Because (beer drinking) regular citizens like John Blow and Jane Blow do not have the tool and mental capacity to assess who is truly top-notch and truly capable to be the president of a nation.

6b) 90% Regular citizens (beer drinking) John Blow and Jane Blow are only capable of assessing who is bad or good actors --- Democracy means someone clueless, dimwit, and lazy like George Bush Junior get to stole a presidency from Al Gore in 2000 and got elected in 2004 and all the while making Americanese the biggest borrowers on the human history. --- Meanwhile someone who is truly top-notch and truly capable but who is lousy on acting and making speeches does not get elected. --- Think about that for a few moment!!

For example: Robert Gates (Defense Secretary) has the stuff to be an awesome Americanese president,
but he is not attractive and he is not a good actor,
thus he will never get elected. --- Democracy has cursed USA forever.

6c) Only someone who has been tested again and again over time and rising through the rank like the China Party Secretary, can proof themselves that they are truly top-notch and truly capable leader. --- The only citizens who are privy to this kind of insider info are those in charge of managing the country from the top, not regular (beer drinking) John Blow and Jane Blow on the street.

7) And, here comes the surprise --- Democracy is bad, bad, bad for many Jewese and Israelese too. Why ?

7a) If all the people of Earth are gathering together and vote using democratic system -- 1 person 1 vote, then
we ask all the Earth citizens to vote --- Shall the Earth citizens Banish & Expel all Israelese Judas from this planet Earth, effective immediately ??

Let's be frank --- the answer is obviously an Overwhelmingly Billions of YES, YES, and YES.
You all know there are 1.7 Billions of Muslim, and Israel is not an Angel exactly winning the hearts & mind of these Earth citizens.
--- The Muslim alone is enough to tilt the Balance of the Vote towards the extinction of Israelese Judas.

Now, what shall we do ? --- Democracy has apparently back-fired on the Isrealese Judas.

8) Let's be frank --- shall we?

Carefully differentiating … ...

Stressing the words: "westerners in favors of keeping the Americanese Imperialism and Hegemony alive and kicking"

Most westerners (100%) who are in favors of keeping the Americanese Imperialism and Hegemony alive and kicking
(including all Isrealese Judas) are absolutely and definitely NOT FOND of China Progress and Prosperity.

Thus, the backdoor, insidious, and malicious way of Derailing and Retarding China Progress and Prosperity
is by promoting the Trojan Horse democracy incessantly & relentlessly towards China citizen.

Thus, the same westerners also support separation of Taiwan, Tibet & Xinjiang in the name of Trojan Horse democracy.

:bash:
That is why -- some traitor like Liu Xiao Bo (who is dreaming that Americanese invading and colonizing China,
just like it was before 1949) is awarded the Nobel Prize to keep the flame of Derailing and Retarding China
Progress movements inside & outside China alive. --- Liu Xiao Bo & his supporters = the soldiers inside the Trojan Horse

Just in case this post is misunderstood ... ...

China will always welcome and embrace the decent and kind-hearted Westerners who loath the American Imperialism & Hegemony.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.