SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 3604 Posts

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think we really need this thread. Australia doesn't seem to have too many 200m+ buildings under construction at the moment and it doesn't look like it will have too many of them in the near future. Recently people have started adding shorter buildings to the 200m+ thread IMO as a result of the lack of actual 200m+ buildings. I don't think these belong in the 200m+ thread so this thread will allow those buildings to be showcased. After looking through a number of SkyscraperCity threads I noticed that quite a few people think that only buildings above 150m should be considered skyscrapers so I chose 150m as the cut off point. Originally, I was going to go with 100m but I think that the thread would end up being cluttered with too many projects. Melbourne only has two projects between 150m and 199m at the moment.

Melbourne

Barton Tower- 156m/residential

Zen Apartments -163m/residential

·
A 'Refined Bogan'
7,836 Posts
unfortunatley perth sucks in this category. we have no proposals or U/C of this height and only one which has been built, everything else is either taller or shorter.

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BRISBANE

Northbridge - 150m/Office. Recently topped out.

By beastjim

400 George Street - 37st/150m/office

Pic by Jesse24

275 George Street - 143m/171m spire/office

By Jesse24

·
Registered
794 Posts
111 Eagle Street should start to appear out of the ground by the end of the financial year. IMO the best tower in this category in the country (now watch the shitstorm after that comment!).

·
Chip on my shoulder (BBQ)
3,132 Posts
111 Eagle Street should start to appear out of the ground by the end of the financial year. IMO the best tower in this category in the country (now watch the shitstorm after that comment!).

The best tower in Australia - period. Pity they can't chuck another 5 metres on to geit to 200 metres.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
BRISBANE

111 Eagle Street (CBD) 50 Stories & 195m
www.oneoneonebrisbane.com.au

Thanks to MyFavco

Broadway (CBD) 45 Stories & 192m – don’t think this one will make it.

King George Central (CBD) 37 Stories & 169m

73 Elizabeth Street (CBD) 44 Stories & 164m

^^
This is the most hated proposal

Daisho Tower (CBD) 34 Stories & 150m

400 George Street (North Quarter) 37 Stories & 150m

Photo by Jesse24

Santos Place (North Quarter) 38 Stories & 150m

Photo by Beastjim

J

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^ Wow. If the world economy was in a better shape and all the towers planned for Brisbane were built then Brisbane would have one of the most modern looking skylines in Australia. The designs aren't as boxy as the ones we keep getting in Melbourne. Go Brisbane :cheers:

·
Registered
523 Posts
My favourites so far in this section are:

• 400 George Street, Brisbane
  • 275 George Street, Brisbane
  • Santos Place, Brisbane
  • Westfield Tower, Sydney

1 - 20 of 3604 Posts