Skyscraper City Forum banner
9121 - 9140 of 16965 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Grocon is responsible for both Sydney and Melbourne's best buildings. A fantastic company.
In addition to Governor Phillip Tower, they also did 1 Bligh Street and ANZ Bank.
Add the "Ribbon" at Darling Harbour which Grocon have indicated will be their next Sydney project.

Aspect (just off Goulburn Street) is another Grocon project.

·
Registered
12,941 Posts
I think Grocon may have given up on Melbourne ? I know business is about making money but always thought Grocon gave its workforce award or above wages and conditions. The CFMEU takes the chance to shoot them down at every opportunity. I think Daniel Grollo looks further afield these days.

·
メルボルン | &#51652
4,328 Posts
I think Grocon may have given up on Melbourne ? I know business is about making money but always thought Grocon gave its workforce award or above wages and conditions. The CFMEU takes the chance to shoot them down at every opportunity. I think Daniel Grollo looks further afield these days.
Why can't they just hire contract skilled and qualified builders from abroad like the Philippines, India or China? Seems to be working in Dubai... We will have our own Fifo boom, I'm sure Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines would dump as much capacity as possible to cater for this market.

We get more 'visitors' from abroad, which means more tourism dollars boosting the local economy and Grocon doesn't have to see those pesky CFMEU reps. Win-Win! :)

Or is this thinking too simple?

·
Registered
13,453 Posts
New renders of Brisbane Skytower (formerly known as 222 Margaret Street?)

From DA said:
With the potential introduction of the new and emerging low energy lighting technologies to the building face it will create a unique and visually exciting luminary presence on the night time skyline. It will provide to residents and the general public a different, exciting and impressive day and night building experience, which will have a continual changing face.

For reasons of amenity, proximity and lifestyle, this site is located in a highly sought after position within the CBD; it provides a supportable residential expansion close to the Brisbane River and the Botanic Gardens. The river edge and gardens have evolved to become a central part of Brisbane CBD’s active outdoor recreational amenity, the development acknowledges this and is well placed to provide opportunities for fitness and exercise, social gatherings and repose etc.

From Australia’s highest infinity pool at the tower’s crown to its incredible recreation decks and luxury Health Club and Spa, life within Brisbane Skytower offers more than simply apartments in the sky. It gives its residents truly unforgettable and personalised living experiences.
The old render

·
27,314 Posts
Really? Considering it is closer to the 'camera', it looks slightly taller than both Infinity and Riparians spire...which it is. It definately doesn't look 20% taller IMO.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Really? Considering it is closer to the 'camera', it looks slightly taller than both Infinity and Riparians spire...which it is. It definately doesn't look 20% taller IMO.
212 Margaret Street according to Emporis is 96m to roof and 115m to the top of it's spire. It's immediately next door to Skytower. You can easily gauge how tall the render is using this as a 100m yardstick. It's at least 320m to 350m using 212 as a marker.

Yes but it could be the camera - or a sales pitch.

·
6,446 Posts
Well in the first of those new renders 212 Margaret isn't even there. They must have deleted it so we can see the base of Skytower, although that seems a little misleading to me. Then I noticed the shonky stitching on the skyline, which has resulted in the tops of of 111 George, Suncorp Plaza, M on Mary, King George Central, all being disembodied disembuildinged.

·
Registered
78,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,137 ·
so skytower is Rl274m?
same as 300george resi?
Infinity= Rl262m
riparian spire= Rl254m
Soliele= RL250m

·
Lord Melbourne
4,282 Posts
Classic real estate agents. Squash, Stretch, distort and edit images to make the place look better.

Replace that dreary overcast sky with a rainbow. Edit out those power poles or fire hydrants outside the front gate.

9121 - 9140 of 16965 Posts