·
Registered
74,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,461
not 200m, but a newy for Adelaide.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Shit ! Why the hell couldnt melbourne's new Hilton at the convention centre southbank look like that instead of the shit we got ??

F**K me thats a nice tower !!!
You are kidding right ??
Yes that Hilton on the GC is hot but Melbournes new Hilton is by no means shit....

OMG:):) whats this for Adelaide:):) Looks abit like BHP in Perth but fatter.
PLease get up soon, that is FANTASTIC......:banana:

·
Put it in your mouth
7,111 Posts
That proposal for adelaide is :drool:

It would easily be one of my favourite buildings in the country if it gets built.

·
Registered Noob.
700 Posts
OMG *jaw drops*

thats just...amazing...too good to be true

will never get built here tho, or i'm sure it will get scaled back to 15-18 floors and redesigned to not stand out

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Fears skyscraper would overshadow Fed Square

A GIANT office tower soaring up to 70 storeys has been proposed for the riverfront site behind Federation Square, as the State Government tries to attract private investors to subsidise the $200 million Jolimont rail yards decking project.

Architects Denton Corker Marshall and Bates Smart have been asked to incorporate an office skyscraper in the master plan for the 3.5-hectare site bounded by Flinders Street and Batman Avenue Bridge.
Not particularly inspiring eh?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
It must be said that they are just preparing a master plan. Also I'd put money on that being an Age mock up rather than something either Bates Smart of DCM have put together.

That Adelaide tower is nice, very nice.

·
Registered
74,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,471
the adelaide proposal is a fitzatrick architects design .its office tower so not sure if it will be required atm? but nice if it gets up one day

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
At around 115m why is there even discussion about the Adelaide building in a 200m + thread. It's a nice building, but didn't we just have a discussion about why this thread is for 200m + only?

·
Put it in your mouth
7,111 Posts
^^ Because we're going to have to lower our standards now that we're in the midst of a recession ;)

Re: The Fed Sq Tower - what else have Bates Smart designed?

·
Agent of Change
6,582 Posts
Pretty much everything in Melbourne. Freshwater Place, Yarra's Edge Tower 1, Crown Towers, Crown Promenade, Crown 3, The Melburnian, Orica House (former ICI), part of the State Library, co-designed Fed Square, Melbourne Central, and Collins Place etc as well as Quattro, Convesso Concavo and Media House in Docklands.

·
Registered
19,445 Posts
A long line of more than half way decent buildings stretching back to the 1950s; as Bates Smart & McCutcheon. Always reliably Modernist cool.

·
Lurker
3,805 Posts
A brief read of the Wikipedia article suggests that Bates Smart was founded by Joeseph Reed in the 1850s and like the big accounting firms, have gone through a million confusing name changes as partners come and go. Other projects designed by the firm that everyone is familiar with include the Melbourne Town Hall and Royal Exhibition Building.

·
Registered
11,836 Posts
Nice Adelaide tower! Looks perfect how it incorporates the old facade!

Maybe a little over excited though whoever posted it in the 200m+ section.

·
Registered
74,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,478
200ft+

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That adilaide tower with the new and old facade will be one of the best in the countries.
i dont know why they dont just build more towers more towers means more jobs in construction then more work, **** the resession

1461 - 1480 of 16422 Posts