SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 7222 Posts

·
Why Try Harder
1,576 Posts
The way the place is going, Parramatta will get a 100 storey building first. Parra council must surely be the most pro-development council in the country.

·
Registered
73,240 Posts
^agree. the recent Aspire tower has grown to 278m, but now back to 240m.. incredible times.
i woudl also put chatswood as a candidate

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Residential floors are shorter, so a residential tower in Brisbane, Melbourne or GC is probably most likely.

I'm assuming the floor space at Barangaroo that is being compared to a supertall, is over a larger land area?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Melbourne should have built that Grollo tower, docklands would have been so much better off with it built with all of the extra parklands and open space that were proposed to surround the base of the tower.

It will probably be Melbourne, there is still so much demand for off the plan apartments, office space and hotel space in Melbourne. I would like to see it built in Southbank on the Kavanagh St huge undeveloped site currently a car park. That would be the perfect site in providing views over the city, and parklands and out over the bay. It would also activate that part of Southbank more at street level. Apartments in Southbank if it's a well marketed and funded tower sell like hotcakes.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
The way the place is going, Parramatta will get a 100 storey building first. Parra council must surely be the most pro-development council in the country.
But if you look at the height maps, Parramatta will still have height restrictions. It is really Civic Place where the boundaries will be exceeded. Maybe it will take the Civic Place development to actually lead to a greater relaxing of height limits.

·
Registered
483 Posts
With the Melbourne apartment glut and highest rental vacancy rates in Australia why would any developer be stupid enough to add to the problem?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Paddo said:
With the Melbourne apartment glut and highest rental vacancy rates in Australia why would any developer be stupid enough to add to the problem?

Are you talking about the Melbourne apartment glut of 7 years ago that never happened or this current Melbourne apartment glut that won't happen? I wish I had bought an apartment in Melbourne during the last glut 7 years ago. How forgetful us humans can be. Skepticism does not tell the truth.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
SilverPearl said:
Are you talking about the Melbourne apartment glut of 7 years ago that never happened or this current Melbourne apartment glut that won't happen? I wish I had bought an apartment in Melbourne during the last glut 7 years ago. How forgetful us humans can be. Skepticism does not tell the truth.
So you've put your money where your mouth is Silver, and have bought a few apartments off the plan lately?

·
Registered
393 Posts
brianc68 said:
So you've put your money where your mouth is Silver, and have bought a few apartments off the plan lately?
Yes......why? I've got two happening and about to get a third going probably in the 100 storey tower when it gets announced. Or if its not announced that early, another uniquely iconic building to be developed on Melbournes skyline. Probably Queensbridge tower, the 276 metre tower to be built in Southbank or 150 Queen St in Tower Melbourne. These towers will be quality developments. If the Chinese know where to park their money, it's good enough for me.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
SilverPearl said:
Yes......why? I've got two happening and about to get a third going probably in the 100 storey tower when it gets announced. Or if its not announced that early, another uniquely iconic building to be developed on Melbournes skyline. Probably Queensbridge tower, the 276 metre tower to be built in Southbank or 150 Queen St in Tower Melbourne. These towers will be quality developments. If the Chinese know where to park their money, it's good enough for me.
Hmm no reason..

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Yet another typical over reaction from this Sydney zealot.

Sure vacancy rates are higher than in say Perth or Sydney but a vacancy rate of around 2.5% is hardly cause for cutting your wrists or for developers to abandon new projects.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Paddo said:
And when they want their money back, you'll offload yours as well ?

That won't happen. Dream on. Chinese see Melbourne as a safe haven, as do I. The Chinese aren't dumb enough to put their money where they will be needing a refund. They do their research and they are educated and proactive.

41 - 60 of 7222 Posts