SkyscraperCity banner

7121 - 7140 of 7210 Posts

·
22,060 Posts
I have a very good bull-crap detector. This one has it ringing on high alarm. I am definitely not holding my breath.
Again, I don't think many would say this has a high chance of getting up. You were just going on big time about irrelevant reasons, which people were calling you out on.

P.S. I am also not conceding about Southport, this is the site :unsure::

So what will the area surrounding the site look like in 20 or 30 years time? How big will the health precinct (within 100m of the site) be? What about the other approvals?

By your measure, absolutely nothing would be proposed in Fisherman's Bend, and we know this isn't true.

·
Banned
9,682 Posts
I have a very good bull-crap detector. This one has it ringing on high alarm. I am definitely not holding my breath.

P.S. I am also not conceding about Southport, this is the site :unsure::
I've been saying not to hold your breath.

As for the site, well that's what a site looks like before construction, they all look like that.

·
22,060 Posts
I never said Green Spine was, however this is far closer to anything resembling activity than anything in Fishermans Bend, which was the point I was making.

Also, locals generally don't want to live in the areas you identified it should be in. Should students and Health professionals not live in apartments and should they not live close to where they study or work? Also, Southport has more specific Asian based supermarkets and shops than Surfers or Main Beach etc.

·
Registered
13,103 Posts
Again, I don't think many would say this has a high chance of getting up. You were just going on big time about irrelevant reasons, which people were calling you out on.
This. Most of us know there's little chance this will see the light of day, at least any time soon, but all the other nonsense is why I felt the need to post.

·
Banned
9,682 Posts
This is the location in the context of some other notable projects, and that's only some because I can't be bothered adding them all in:

So in the future it would be fine, and would have killer broadwater and skyline views, heck, you could see Brisbane. Yes Southport ain't grad atm, but you can see how it could be transformed.

·
Master Louis
495 Posts
Ken oath, imagine living in a house that sits across the road from some of those. The Gold coast is truly a bizarre mix of density

·
22,060 Posts
Also, Southport currently has the 5th tallest completed building on the Gold Coast......developed by Meriton. This is notably, the tallest completed building by Meriton on the Coast. This will be the 6th tallest once the current UC towers have been completed.

Southport also has the 15th and 16th tallest towers on the Coast.

·
Registered
13,103 Posts
Ahh okay, just remember walking around surfers and Southport a couple of years back and it was bizarre seeing tall buildings next to what were basically detached houses
I mean there is detached housing among them, but in that picture all the long, relatively short buildings are walkups. They still look pretty strange next to 30-40 story buildings.

·
Registered
812 Posts
My new job, reposting mouse123's photo's ;)

The mighty Australia 108:
Beautiful set of photos. So slick.

But I just don’t know why they designed a set of elevator doors in A108 to open to the outside and step into thin air 😉🕵️‍♂️.

7121 - 7140 of 7210 Posts