SkyscraperCity banner

7221 - 7240 of 7277 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
She looks nice. Imagine if we got the original monstrosity.
Im more than happy with the finnished product here, its one fine tower, but if i where asked to vote on which i preferred, this or the original design i would without hesitation vote the original.
Its spire was in my opinion the standout feature, and with the addituon of that sky pod would have been a uniquely Melbourne landmark. Making the spire taller and more to scale in relation to the tower proper would be the only correction in that design i would've made.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
56 Pitt Street details from DEXUS Annual Results released this morning shows 105,400m2 net lettable area with a completion date of 2027 or later. Active work happening with planning authorities. Dexus are looking for a partner to take a 50% interest.

·
Registered
74,210 Posts
56 Pitt Street details from DEXUS Annual Results released this morning shows 105,400m2 net lettable area with a completion date of 2027 or later. Active work happening with planning authorities. Dexus are looking for a partner to take a 50% interest.
thanks dec, yeh things are still looking positive. hoping a stage1 this year

Reactions: Decatur

·
Registered
74,210 Posts
7 years? So virtually nothing compared to greenland
greenland lodged in 2013. and its only 235m. so wont be complete til 2021 thats 8 years
this one will be 5 years timeline 2022-2027

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
The other difference is that 56 Pitt will be developed by Australia's largest office building owner with a strong balance sheet and a deep network of Australian relationships.

The other one is Greenland........

·
Registered
10,187 Posts
Im more than happy with the finnished product here, its one fine tower, but if i where asked to vote on which i preferred, this or the original design i would without hesitation vote the original.
Its spire was in my opinion the standout feature, and with the addituon of that sky pod would have been a uniquely Melbourne landmark. Making the spire taller and more to scale in relation to the tower proper would be the only correction in that design i would've made.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Willis Tower almost 8 time larger than Australia 108 Tower size ....Interesting.

I know three plan supertall in Australia including Green Spine in Melbourne then one in Gold Coast (possibilities for building) then rumour in Sydney could be supertall within 9 years from now (312 metre if I recall) then Brisbane still want building supertall 308 metre 95 floors (They’re chose 308 metre)
anything’s else more?

·
I ♥ NSW 2150
I ❤ NSW 2150
1,463 Posts
The early design for 108 only looks like a weaker, boxier clone of the Eureka Tower, IMO. The curvy final design has a lot of original flair while still very much a sibling to Eureka.

That early design also reminds me of this!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting video I found!

City of Sydney reveals plan to raise CBD skyline by 100 metres
City of Sydney endorses plan

The City of Sydney has endorsed changes to planning controls in Sydney's CBD which could see the city's skyline rise by about 100 metres.

The changes will remove the 235-metre cap on building height limits and could allow for towers in Barangaroo, Central Station, Circular Quay and Town Hall to be as high as 330 metres.
Building heights in the city were capped for decades to stay below the Sydney Tower, which stands at 309 metres. Lord Mayor Clover Moore said it was a comprehensive plan which balanced the need for growth across the city while preserving the city's natural lighting and harbour views. She said they were drawn in a way to cater for the two million people who will be travelling through the city's CBD on a daily basis by 2036.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Did anyone read the online Age article regarding Crown thinking of incorporating a large commercial office component to the their Melbourne Queensbridge st site, im not a subscriber so was unable to read it.

7221 - 7240 of 7277 Posts