SkyscraperCity banner

7241 - 7260 of 7288 Posts

·
Registered
74,258 Posts
Did anyone read the online Age article regarding Crown thinking of incorporating a large commercial office component to the their Melbourne Queensbridge st site, im not a subscriber so was unable to read it.
yeh i dont think it will be a supertall now. shame such a good design looking at the numbers i think maybe 250m. still big but not a super.
when do you think design or concept will be out? this year?
So will sydney be next oz city to build a supertall? Dexus are keen on 56pitt start 2022ish. hoping a stage1 this year,

Reactions: paulps99

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
With any luck Greenspine by Beulah will be the next super tall in Melbourne.

Reactions: Flying Blind

·
Registered
74,258 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
yeh i dont think it will be a supertall now. shame such a good design looking at the numbers i think maybe 250m. still big but not a super.
when do you think design or concept will be out? this year?
So will sydney be next oz city to build a supertall? Dexus are keen on 56pitt start 2022ish. hoping a stage1 this year,
Well as far as i know no-one other than those in the know would have any idea what the preferred parameters would be, i find that their desire to include a commercial office component interesting , there is still a strong possibility that Crown still want to deliver a super tall addition to the Southbank complex, but time will tell

·
Lord Melbourne
4,136 Posts
It seems like Australia will never get a 100 level building.

They seem to be able to get nearly there with Eureka, Q1 etc but still seem unable to make it to the 100 level.

So when do you predict Australia will get a 100 level building by ?

And which city do you think will be the first to get it ?

My prediction is Gold Coast in about 2022
The forums booted me to the first page of this thread, hows this for the first post all the way back in 2012?

It finally happened, two years earlier than predicted.

The recovery crane is coming down this weekend so the building will now look complete from the outside (except the podium/street level works)

Here it is from afar

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
It’s proposed, approved, preparing for construction are halt for three years by Coronavirus Recession but construction is ongoing allow they’re don’t want leave behind.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Australia 108 is now listed as complete on CTBUH. There's now a thread on the 'Rate our Supertalls' in the international section:

·
Registered
74,258 Posts
when qq1 and eureka were built 15 years ago they were worlds talelst resi towers
in 2022, Aus108 is 22nd,
nyc is going balistic, leaving dubai in its wake

worlds tallest resi top 30

·
Registered
74,258 Posts
All 3 tallest NYC towers look pretty crap though.
yeh not liking the pencil dick look. waaay too thin and tall. 300m is a good height,but 400-500m looks silly when its only 20-30m wide, 1 unit per floor. talk about sea sickness near top.

·
4,992 Posts
Melbourne from Cheetham Wetlands - Thanks to Grollo for the pic
Quite an interesting angle as it's showing the north-south (left to right) spread of towers. Traditionally it was more of an east-west spread due to the Hoddle Grid (and lengthened to the west by Docklands development), but now the movement south to Southbank and into the edge of Carlton to the north is expanding the grid massively. 200m+ towers outside the Hoddle Grid shown by arrows below:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
when qq1 and eureka were built 15 years ago they were worlds talelst resi towers
in 2022, Aus108 is 22nd,
nyc is going balistic, leaving dubai in its wake

worlds tallest resi top 30
It’s only two have been over 100 storeys resident of Princess Tower in Dubai open 2012 and Australia 108 Tower in Melbourne open 2020 It’s amazing
120 storeys anywhere?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Aus 108 remains incomplete to my mind until they remove the multiplex signs, i find it so frustrating. Kills me everytime i look at the building. When will they get rid of them?

·
Registered
74,258 Posts
so when will next SUPERTALL be built in Aus?
im guessing sydneys 56pitt st. ;) lodging soon. start 2022, complete 2027, could be tallest in Aus. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
so when will next SUPERTALL be built in Aus?
im guessing sydneys 56pitt st. ;) lodging soon. start 2022, complete 2027, could be tallest in Aus. ;)
isn’t that supposed to be 305m? meaning 3rd tallest in Aus? also Green Spine in Melb apparently beginning construction late next year at 366m?

·
Registered
74,258 Posts
isn’t that supposed to be 305m? meaning 3rd tallest in Aus? also Green Spine in Melb apparently beginning construction late next year at 366m?
well who knows height. will be higher then 305m ;)
tallest office by far. if not tallest overall.
you reckon green spine start 2021?

Reactions: Oxiinx

·
Here we go again
1,130 Posts
56 pitt is an area of the CBD that allows heights of up to 330 metres. Cul might have to confirm this one but I think it might even be incentivised to go up to max height

7241 - 7260 of 7288 Posts