SkyscraperCity banner

7261 - 7280 of 7312 Posts

·
Registered
74,643 Posts
regarding 56P,i think we will find out 1st quarter 2021 with deXus PP with a stage1.;)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
There’s a glut of office space in Australia now. And plenty more coming online. Would not be surprised if office projects get scaled back or rejig their use and become a mix of resi/office/hotel or whatever.
This is not unique to Australia but global.
There are some huge amounts of space without pre-Commitments coming online in the next 24 months.
Latest quarterly vacancy rates have all major capitals > 10% and climbing. Melbourne’s increase was mainly due to large adds to capacity.

·
Registered
74,643 Posts
^i thought too offices would be pushed back but doesnt seem that way in sydney.
not only dexus supertall, but we have mirvacs 235m 55pitt now at design stage and starting 2021.
also the massive 100,000sqm cockle bay tower only last week requested stage2 and fast tracking to commence also 2021.Charter hall has big plans for another major office tower in sydneys northern CBD while another large developer is planning a 200m+ office also in sydneys northern CBD.
Atlassian is now preparing lodgment for there office tower for central railway being tallest timber tower in aus, also dexus are preparing its twin 40storey towers next door for lodgment this year,
So as you can see, sydney is booming with major office towers in planning stage and all will be Uc 2021/22.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Massive glut of space will continue then.
Very low % of pre-commitments.
Especially as most offices rethink their future workplace strategies.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
^ so I guess the question is will it be 365m or 356m. Either way should become the tallest in Australia.

Reactions: SydneyWorks

·
Registered
214 Posts
when qq1 and eureka were built 15 years ago they were worlds talelst resi towers
in 2022, Aus108 is 22nd,
nyc is going balistic, leaving dubai in its wake

worlds tallest resi top 30
Dumb question, I know but why is 108 only 318M with 100 floors? Most other tall's in Cul's link are 400M+ before they have 100 floors. We building tall's for midgets?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Green Spine east will be either 366m or 355m tall depending on CASA's mood (that is an above street height by-the-way).

The shorter west tower will be exactly Rialto height at 251m / 253m RL.

And will look fantastic wedged into this increasingly dense neighbourhood. Technically 108 still UC.

Reactions: spinnn

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Dumb question, I know but why is 108 only 318M with 100 floors? Most other tall's in Cul's link are 400M+ before they have 100 floors. We building tall's for midgets?
Resi floor to ceiling heights are much less than office. Also, several above ground levels of car parking that are even shorter. At time of approval, A108 was at PANS-OPS limit. Could now be built around 45m higher.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sydney and Brisbane have much more severe height restrictions than Melbourne, for what it’s worth mentioning.

Reactions: paulps99

·
Registered
214 Posts
56 pitt is an area of the CBD that allows heights of up to 330 metres. Cul might have to confirm this one but I think it might even be incentivised to go up to max height
There’s a glut of office space in Australia now. And plenty more coming online. Would not be surprised if office projects get scaled back or rejig their use and become a mix of resi/office/hotel or whatever.
This is not unique to Australia but global.
There are some huge amounts of space without pre-Commitments coming online in the next 24 months.
Latest quarterly vacancy rates have all major capitals > 10% and climbing. Melbourne’s increase was mainly due to large adds to capacity.
In the not too distant future office work areas, walk/passageways, etc. will need to be spaced out more to accommodate moderate social distancing. Space will be a premium, the economy will pick up, immigration will increase & we will be to normal. Just another different type of boom-bust.

·
Registered
74,643 Posts
most of melbournes resi towers straddle 10storey carparks. Eureka, Aus108. take away carparks. its 30m lower and 10 less floors
Most of sydneys projects have basement carparking placing the 10 levels or so underground, so much better street level activation with a small retail podium then resi levels above.

Reactions: paulps99
7261 - 7280 of 7312 Posts