·
Marketing & Fashion, yo.
1,331 Posts
Well, I'll be. Looks great!

Reactions: Malt

·
Marketing & Fashion, yo.
1,331 Posts
The bottom half reminds me of Skytower renders.

·
New Urbanist
5,487 Posts
Not a bad design. Although looks similar to both 40 Albert and the other Aspial one.

Lol at the fact they used TSA laws transferred from Billbergia for the Skytower site... as if to think that Skytower would ever be knocked down and rebuilt one day. My god some of these loopholes are as big as the grand canyon. Unless I have read this incorrectly

4.6 Transferable Site Area (TSA)
As previously noted, a total of 210m2 of Transferrable Site Area (TSA) has been obtained by the Applicant for partial use in this development. The addition of 210m2 to the site creates a total site area of 2,064m2 for the purpose of the development application. The TSA has been acquired from Billbergia (QLD) Pty Ltd (the Transferor), as the owner of 222 Margaret Street and being authorised by the registered owner of 131A Mary Street, Brisbane. The TSA Nomination is included in Appendix S - Transferable Site Area Nomination. The proposed addition of TSA results in the proposal achieving an effective Tower Site Cover of 44.9% (from 49.9%) in accordance with Table 7.2.3.7.3.C of the City Centre Neighbourhood Plan for residential towers on sites over 1500m2. In this way, the proposal provides a tower site cover outcome consistent with that envisaged under the City Centre Neighbourhood Plan Code.

·
23,969 Posts
Looks great! Particularly love the podium!

I'll be interested as to what retail stores will be interested in a triple level glassed frontaged corner address to the QSM?

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
250m+ tower for Brisbane!

I like it! It's unique, sorta looks like a transformer stuck mid transformation to its alt mode, though a building is admittedly not a useful alt mode.

Reactions: nvm

·
5,031 Posts
NE corner of site on Burnett Lane is at RL12.46 where pedestrian laneway entrance to development will be.
Top of structure is at RL274.30.

Height is 261.84m

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I like the podium and ground level. The tower is ok, just not exactly to my personal liking - I prefer my towers with a good dose of elegance. I.e. Abian, even skytower. But this will still be a nice addition.

I prefer deconstructivist architecture to be in other countries, that I can go look at.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Looks a bit messy and disjointed, but I'll take it. I really liked Queen George or whatever it was called though.

I agree. It looks messy but I also will take it. I prefer the podium on this one. The jut outs remind me of (is it 108 Melbourne?) which I never really could come to terms with and there are a lot more of 'em on this one.

Having said all that, what happened to the original Queen Tower?? Is this by the same mob or did it change hands or did the original get knocked back?

·
23,969 Posts
IMO, this may have a good chance of getting up. Diagonally opposite Queens Wharf and on the mall.

Someone on Brisbane Developments page said it's 151 Property that's developing it. I'm not sure, however here's their website: http://151property.com.au
They seem more like a retail management firm to me, however you never know.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts