SkyscraperCity banner

141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
The site of what could have been Brisbane's tallest apartment tower is close to selling to office property powerhouse Charter Hall for about $95m according to an article in The Australian

·
5,031 Posts
The site of what could have been Brisbane's tallest apartment tower is close to selling to office property powerhouse Charter Hall for about $95m according to an article in The Australian
The ground level for this site is too high for this to have been Brisbane's tallest apartment tower.

Skytower will be taller, as will 30 Albert St and 240 Margaret St, if they get built.

·
Optimist
7,318 Posts
Yep, sounds like nothing tall in the future. As long as the ground level has great activation like this proposal does then I don't mind. Will most likely be Office as well since that is what Charter Halls Pitt St project also was.

Reactions: LeSnakk

·
5,031 Posts
Yep, sounds like nothing tall in the future. As long as the ground level has great activation like this proposal does then I don't mind. Will most likely be Office as well since that is what Charter Halls Pitt St project also was.
The site is also across the street from Charter Hall's proposed Brisbane Square 2 tower. If that's going to be tied up with Council issues they may push ahead with developing this site instead?

·
I only buy it for the pic
388 Posts
^^That was my initial thoughts as well. Either way- Nothing to see hear, please move on!

I really can't see anything happening here in the next two years minimum- pleased to be proven wrong (without promising to eat my hat!).

·
Optimist
7,318 Posts
The site is also across the street from Charter Hall's proposed Brisbane Square 2 tower. If that's going to be tied up with Council issues they may push ahead with developing this site instead?
The article made it sound like they were pretty set on recreating their recent development in Pitt St Sydney.

Would be great if they built the current proposal though!

·
Registered
683 Posts
The article made it sound like they were pretty set on recreating their recent development in Pitt St Sydney.

Would be great if they built the current proposal though!
It sounds like it will be a similar size to there project in the valley they recently completed for Aurizon. But if the market becomes as strong as some analysts are predicting then you might see a 30-40 story office tower if demand warrants it.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Sorry guys, but this one is on ice for a bit longer...

Office leasing deals on the rise at Brisbane CBD site of mothballed 81-storey supertower

Phil Bartsch, The Courier-Mail
Subscriber only

Tenants are securing office leasing deals at 217 George St, indicating a residential supertower earmarked for the prime CBD site known as No. 1 Brisbane has been mothballed.

OFFICE leasing deals are being sealed at Charter Hall’s 217 George Street, indicating development of the prime Brisbane CBD site is on hold for at least a few more years.

The 10-storey building on the doorstep of Queen Street Mall is part of an amalgamated holding known as No. 1 Brisbane, which the listed property group acquired last year for $93.96 million.

It was purchased with an approval in place for an 81-storey, 534-apartment supertower to replace three existing adjoining retail/office assets — 217 George Street, 60 Queen Street and 231 George Street.

A string of leasing deals recently have been struck at 217 George Street with tenants being offered a selection of full and part floor opportunities.
Full Article: https://www.couriermail.com.au/busi...r/news-story/68c6d91a81c8c8f7910f838f6ade8bbe

·
23,969 Posts
Doesn't look too bad. Basement supermarket in the design also ;)
May be some disagreement on height. Lowest retail entry from the street - RL 13.4, whereas main entry is RL 15.5.

Top of roof is RL 158.41.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Doesn't look too bad. Basement supermarket in the design also ;)
May be some disagreement on height. Lowest retail entry from the street - RL 13.4, whereas main entry is RL 15.5.

Top of roof is RL 158.41.
Oh missed that, edit ~145m Not a bad design at all but lost a lot of height compared to the original.

141 - 160 of 195 Posts