SkyscraperCity banner

161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
I really wasn't expecting to see a new proposal for this site so quickly, especially given the uncertainty in the office market going forward.

I have to say that, personally, I think this shorter height is much more appropriate for this site, as it is in keeping with this existing cluster of high rises in vicinity of the mall.

·
23,969 Posts
It will be a huge impact when looking from the Cultural Centre.

·
23,969 Posts
^^But Brisbane Square is further NW than this. This is behind Reddacliff Place, not Brisbane Square ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
It will have no impact from the Cultural center if any. I agree with Kenny. So boring. Better to not go ahead till something more worthwhile IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep You won't see this from the Cultural Centre. Blocked out by Brisbane Square. Thanks for posting the renders. It looks Ok and doesn't have a flat top which is great. A least it's broken up Abit. Still hope they don't go ahead and hold off for something taller. But if they do it's a pretty decent design.

·
23,969 Posts

Will be very visible from the Cultural Centre.

It gets blocked by Brisbane Square only when you get to inside the museum and it's only at the library it will be entirely hidden.

That last render shows it is actually very impactful!

·
Registered
24 Posts
So when you say it will be impactful from the Culture Centre you really mean the Queensland Performing Arts Center. Not the Queensland Cultural Centre which is Performing Arts, Museum, Library and GOMA.
And the last render is from the Victoria Bridge. Sorry to be funny but it's got no impact. IMO

·
23,969 Posts
I'm talking from the Cultural Centre Busway Station.

Also, by all accounts, "The Cultural Centre" is QPAC, whereas the Cultural Precinct is the whole stretch. I have never heard the Library or GOMA being referred to as "The Cultural Centre".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Queensland Cultural Centre
Arts Queensland is the Trustee of Queensland’s Cultural Centre (the Centre). The Centre is the centrepiece of Queensland’s arts portfolio and occupies a prime location at Brisbane’s South Bank, adjacent to the city’s CBD. It is home to the State’s leading arts and cultural institutions:

·
23,969 Posts
Queensland Cultural Centre
Arts Queensland is the Trustee of Queensland’s Cultural Centre (the Centre). The Centre is the centrepiece of Queensland’s arts portfolio and occupies a prime location at Brisbane’s South Bank, adjacent to the city’s CBD. It is home to the State’s leading arts and cultural institutions:
Of course, but I notice you went to the QPAC site to find that info ;)

Needless to say, this is essentially the same RL as Brisbane Square. A little shorter, but essentially the same RL.

·
Registered
Tall building enthusiast
647 Posts
I love tall proposals as much as anyone else, but in what world does the Brisbane market have any capacity for a supertall residential or commercial building within the next 3 years? I'd rather see a mid-sized decent proposal get built than 10 fancy looking pipe dream 200m+ proposals be lodged and never constructed.

The existing buildings on this prominent corner are pretty average, this proposal would be a huge benefit for the top end of the mall, Burnett Lane and George Street.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know you like your sources. Yes QPAC and arts Queensland. If you noticed the post before. It's always been called The Cultural Centre. That's why the bus station is called that. It's still a very low impact development.
But wow I got say I really like the Podium entry. It's got a fantastic entrance with those lines forming the roof of the entrance. Very inviting and open. Plenty of light too with all that glass. Pity it wasn't taller though.

161 - 180 of 195 Posts