SkyscraperCity banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
I like the massing but I find the base very dull, devoid of detail, it just looks very monotonous and plain.
One good thing is that it hides the red dumpster transfer on the Greenland Tower.
Also it's a pity the pub's roof was not utilised more, perhaps being not part of the development but it's crying out for a roof garden or a roof extension.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Wait until the residents move in next door, they would have the pub rooftop closed in a heartbeat. You forgot people move into the CBD for the peace and quiet ..... I'm becoming jaded :(

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Do you mean the facade material?

The historic buildings in this pocket of Sydney use variegated brickwork that shares a common tonal and textural palette with
distinctive pink and red hues despite varying in style and period.

Analysis of the context, and subsequent abstraction of the embedded tones, have led to a palette of warm red and
terracotta hues which are then applied to contemporary masonry detailing, evoking a modern interpretation of traditional brickwork.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I wonder why they didn't go with traditional brickwork. But then again, I am not an architect.
However, I do think this will look tad better in reality than in renders.

·
Registered
18,870 Posts
^^ Yes, the actual street frontages are actually quite limited and given the masses likely in peak hours, entrances will need to be as wide as possible.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts