Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
77,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
saw this in todays finrev
news to me. looks superb. ive always disliked the 105m Sydney Plaza (59 Goulburn st) from 1974.
Its angled wrong and seems awkward. this new tower in render looks perfect.
angled correclty and very striking on its goulburn street vista.
the fin looks about 120m+.

·
Registered
15,116 Posts
So is this Goulburn Street at the corner of Pitt Street?

Looks like Bates Smart design...much better looking tower! Though one wonders how much it would
cost to demolish a 105m tower and replace it with something only marginally taller

·
Registered
77,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^maybe theyl leave shell and add to it.? make floor plates curved.,balconies./fin ect
the current office tower has 26 floors. this new render has 31, so its gone up 5 floors or 15m
plus the fin,
ive scaled it and its about 135m. not bad. 30m taller and so much better.

·
Registered
15,116 Posts
Here's a video;

And a link to the online sale rundown;

http://www.realcommercial.com.au/property-offices-nsw-sydney-500406231

Nothing Cul hasn't already briefed us on. I'm impressed by the concept design for the tower though. Only thing I'm not impressed about is the height.

Perhaps we should rename the thread??

CBD SOUTH (or HAYMARKET) - #CONCEPT: 59 GOULBURN STREET - 31L / 135M / potential resi

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
I think you can go to 150 metres without a problem but the council will deem it too tall and bad for Belmore Park. :(

At least the options are there for whoever wants it. It has always been popular with government departments for offices.

·
Registered
20,140 Posts
I think you can go to 150 metres without a problem but the council will deem it too tall and bad for Belmore Park.
Given its location a tall tower MIGHT cast a shadow for about 4 minutes in the heart of winter only. More bureaucratic & obsessive irrationality from council. But we've said all this before.

·
Registered
77,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nah its pretty right as shadow impact goes.only belmore park would be impacted and it wont by the this design having sloped fin and being so far away.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Going to 150m I am sure would be an expensive and difficult engineering process to add another 20m to the building, and if the limit in that area is 150m, a knock down and rebuild doesn't appear to be financially viable.

·
1,366 Posts
Finally! Can't wait too see Sydney Plaza redeveloped. Time to do the same with horrid Roden Cutler bldg.
At Martin Place, I would rather see the RBA building replaced with much taller and better looking tower..

1 - 20 of 86 Posts