SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Craaaaaazy Mutha F^cka
1,020 Posts
As for the severely flogged cliché 'developer greed', that is too simplistic and very one sided. People, actual people, are going to buy, rent, lease, units in these buildings, people are going to be employed building and running these buildings, people may also run businesses from them, council ergo the community benefits from rates and taxes and on it goes, so it's not just developers, greedy or altruistic, who benefit.
Sorry but I don't agree (and anyway how would you know my true colours) as I have actually stated the lower development a la Ivanhoe is perfectly acceptable, in fact I truly believe that Herring Road will be a very impressive boulevard once complete, I still feel this is too high for what is essentially a mid to outer suburb in Sydney and will now have surrounding suburbs dominated by another mediocre meriton monstrosity. I am all for good design and clusters of high density where appropriate and this part of Sydney by virtue of the infrastructure you mention is one such cluster, what I don't accept however is this buildings appropriateness for the location

·
Registered
18,978 Posts
You reveal your 'true colours' by your comments and the character of your posts.

You are entitled to your opinion but I think you are quibbling re the height of this proposal. Height usually allows more space at ground level which is a bonus, an advantage, and which is vital if we are to limit Sydney's vast sprawl (cf. London pop. 8+million V Sydney pop. 5+m occupy very much the same area.) We have to go up and we need to incorporate greenery by landscaping, parks of various sizes and generous street planting. The height in reality is pretty irrelevant even if a building can be seen from a distance; I fail to see why this is a 'problem' that would be a valid reason to limit the height of a building.
Anyway, you have your opinion and while some may agree with you, I don't as I believe there are far more significant issues than height, nomatter what the location.

·
Registered
73,124 Posts
im here for the skyscrapers. its a skyscraper forum. taller the better,

Reactions: RoarRa

·
Registered
38 Posts
The buildings of Macquarie park are already visible from a distance (as are numerous other scrapers, including the city itself and Chatswood) from all over the north shore.

Actual tall buildings going up in that sprawling suburb will be more than welcome.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This development is sorely needed. As it stands, Mac Park is as sterile and windswept as North Sydney on the weekends. With luck, Mac Park might hope to achieve the same liveliness as Rhodes or Chatswood.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This development is sorely needed. As it stands, Mac Park is as sterile and windswept as North Sydney on the weekends. With luck, Mac Park might hope to achieve the same liveliness as Rhodes or Chatswood.

Chatswood sure seemed packed tonight. Opposite of North Sydney I’m sure.

·
Registered
73,124 Posts
i count 25 floors , so 2 more to go

61 - 73 of 73 Posts