3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New mixed use project near Gabba:
- 70m (=79m-9m)
- 113 residential units (39 x 1 bed, 66 x 2 bed & 8 x 3 bed), for 11,076sqm
- ground floor retail, 1,509sqm, level 1
- office space totaling 6,915sqm, levels 2-4
- total 19,500 GFA
- 232 carparks (142 resi, 29 visitor, 26 retail, 35 office)
- proposed by Tropic Space Developments
- designed by Peddle Thorp

Application number: A002343011

it never ends.

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Looks no better or worse than any other building being planned in the area. I like it, very handy for the Aussie Nash pub and the Broadway too.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
I like it. Those units will have an intersting view of the city and stadium.

j

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I actually think it's ok. It's really the sort of thing needed around there - imposing and fairly modern. That's a VERY prime site, I might add!

As this whole area develops, I think the really important thing is street activation. If that's done well, then ugly buildings will matter so much less.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
I actually think it's ok. It's really the sort of thing needed around there - imposing and fairly modern. That's a VERY prime site, I might add!

As this whole area develops, I think the really important thing is street activation. If that's done well, then ugly buildings will matter so much less.
I tend to agree. I think it'll hep the Gabba precinct become more of a "destination" rather than a place to drive or bus through. Personally I think Woolloongabba would be more interesting if it was like Toowong, a shopping and business destination.
j

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
doesnt look to bad, doesnt look real flash either

but hey i think the social impact this tower will have on the area is a positive so its a tick in the box from me

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
Agreed with most of the other comments here. Not a masterpiece but definately a positive step towards a renewed Wooloongabba.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Those podiums smack of un-articulated bulk. Other than that both tower components will be an excellent addition to the Gabba skyline!

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Thanks Orfeo - Man its hard to keep up. I have never seen 825 Stanley - looks good. This city keeps surprising me :)

·
7,972 Posts
I'm a fan. Not groundbreaking in design, but decent for the area, and as someone else said, it looks like bloody brilliant compared to the disaster that is GC1.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts