Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Looks v. good but I bet those owners in the Oracle tower would be spewing. This site has an existing approval for a 17-storey tower and this new proposal is far higher. Anyone know what the height limit here is? So does the forum expect objections from the adj. Oracle owners and/or others?

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It'll be fine, Broadbeach is zoned unlimited nowadays.

There's no right to uninterrupted sightlines, so if the Oracle owners wanted their views not to be built out they should have bought into a building that has absolute beachfront.

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DA up pdonline: MCU201800547

Lots of renders and alike within. It's a very nice tower this one, nice pools at the base as well, plus the greenery and a quality facade. Gets the thumbs up from me!

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
From DA documents..

2 CHARLES AVENUE, BROADBEACH

height - 168 metres 54 storeys

46 apartments

The $100 million skyscraper will be named “Class Broadbeach” and target high-end occupants.

Just 46 apartments will be on offer, each spanning an entire 375 sq m level, with six spread over two or three floors.

The site will also boast a unique automated stacker-system carpark, like those used in Tokyo and New York.

The mechanised parking system will accommodate 94 off street parking bays spread over a four-level basement.

Architects RH Frankland and Associates

developer - Joint Venture Broadbeach

http://pdonline.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/masterview/modules/applicationmaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=268104#

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Developer Lodges Plans for ‘Ultra High-End’ Tower in Broadbeach
may 10 urban developer

Brisbane real estate director John Kubatov has lodged plans with Gold Coast City Council for what would be the tallest residential building in Broadbeach.

The proposed 54-storey tower will replace an ageing two-storey unit block and neighbour the 50-storey Oracle
which currently sits as the area’s tallest building.

The $100 million skyscraper will be named “Class Broadbeach” and target high-end occupants.

Just 46 apartments will be on offer, each spanning an entire 375 sq m level, with six spread over two or three floors.

Kubatov, who is the spokesperson for the developer Broadbeach Joint Venture, spent $7 million purchasing
and taking options on units in Kurrawa Lodge and said that property research showed a gap in the market for ultra-high-end apartments at Broadbeach.

“It will deliver a compelling accommodation choice for celebrities and highly affluent visitors who wish to stay in the central Gold Coast
as well as those who wish to buy an exclusive part of beachfront Broadbeach.”
https://theurbandeveloper.com/articles/developer-lodges-plans-for-ultra-high-end-tower-in-broadbeach

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Broadbeach is getting a tall cluster of buildings coming up.

·
Registered
77,939 Posts
wow across from Kurrawa surf club. im there for 2 weeks in april. for aussies. cant wait.
across the road from liars bar. lol
people in oracle might lose some views. they be pissed

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, pardon the pun, but it's a classy tower so Broadbeach needs a bit more glass.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I really hope this goes well and sells but I think its ambitious in this market. Its great they are all whole floor [or more] apartments and all are large. Based on the min. 375 sqm size and based on the build and a sale price of say $12k per sqm the starting prices will be $5m+. I'm guessing the penthouse will be $20m+. So will there be 46 buyers that can afford at least $5m+?
I think Spirit struggled for sales at prices of $1.5m - $2m for starting sizes of 80 sqm and similar to Jewel's starting sizes/prices. Anyone know how their sales are going?

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think if you want to move apartments in the $1.5-2m range, you do what Sunland did on 272 Hedges Avenue.

Reactions: thebiggster

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What did Sunland do differently Locke?
Well they sell apartments from $1,835,000 and they are selling well (60% sold as of last November), and those are sales to locals (90% local sales).

I think if you present something compelling, locals will buy and maybe that's the key.

Reactions: LeSnakk
1 - 20 of 33 Posts