SkyscraperCity Forum banner

#Proposed: New Toowong Tower - 23st/90m/mixed

7K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  sweetchariot 
#1 ·
another one by stockland.
This is where Woolworths is just opposite Toowong Tower..

Mixed use development incorporating retail, apartments
and commercial
- Site area: 14,160m2
STAGE 1
- Commercial area: Circa 18,000m2
- Retail area: Circa 6,000m2
- No. of Apartments: TBA
- Stage 1 Value: $150m+

See less See more
#12 ·
these days i go with 4m for office.
so its height maybe -
podium looks abot 3 office levels high.= 12m
14 x Commercial Floors: 14 x 4 = 56m
7 x residential: 7 x 3 = 21m
total= approx 90m.

#14 ·
I don't think it would ever be allowed through, you are allowed to go up 8 stories or 24m in Toowong city area. City council would really be setting double standards by letting something go up that would be over 3 times the limit set out in their planning schema. At least it fits in with 2.5 times plot area, actually there is alot of land when you really start looking at the woolies site. It is just rather messy and if you redevelop it; the council has a number of things they want you to do. Have at the Toowong major area plan in CityPlan. Here's not to say the area couldn't accommodate something like this, it is really a TOD with numerous buses at the front door and a busy train station across the street. Makes sense to build tall.

Cheers James

#16 ·
TOD developments are being heavily encouraged atm and this development certainly fits the description.

all i hope is that the apartments don't cater for the wealthy, rather suit students as this area is a student area, is noisy and has character. i would hate it if richo's moved in and spoiled the youth atmosphere of toowong

#26 ·
Yep agree,

Stocklands announcement today means that they have effectively told the market that this and other development projects with office components will be shelved.

They are instead going to focus on small lot housing estates aimed at first home buyers. This property has an income stream so it also falls in to that caterogry of assets they will be retaining.

#27 ·
I spoke to someone from Stockland about it in September. At that time, it was still on the cards to go ahead.

What was holding them back was BCC's Toowong Auchenflower Renewal neighbourhood planning exercise, which needed to develop an image of what Toowong actually should look like. http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCC:BASE::pc=PC_5768

This process is now well down the path, so Stockland may get the ball rolling again soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.