SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
76,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soz of thread title is messed up, please make right mods as this dev element progresses,

divide into 2 threads like the others but it’s a few years away yet so maybe start with this one furst
these 2 sites are going to host 2 major towers
the western site cnr george hunter is limited to about 250m just looking at sun planes to martin place
this site has about 9 buildings that will be demolished including 15storey Hunter Connection, the cnr pub will be saved
I’m more excited about the eastern tower cnr bligh hunter oconnelll sts, the 3 c15 storey towers along hunter will be demolished along with 33bligjh site which has had numerous proposals over 30 years which have reached 235m high,
this site can go to 300m so it’s a supertall project !
exciting times
and let’s not forget the major tower planned in the centre of these 2 towers being the site cnr pitt hunter which is being planned stage1 200m+ office tower. nice little cluster happening , i’ve always liked Hunter street, such a twisty canyon

·
Registered
76,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
site details
ive worked ou both sites are 3600sqm each and can probably old a tower with 2000sqm floors huge. developers dream

·
Registered
76,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imagine from quay in 10 years you’ll have 200m 1 alfred stepping up to 263m salesF then down to 240m 55 p then up to 300m+ 56p then LL 300m tower behind and then 33bligh osd at 300m , now that’s nyc feel

·
Registered
164 Posts
So by 2030 Sydney will potentially have two 300M towers one block away from each other

56 Pitt St at the top left of the pic will be 305M and Bligh/Hunter St Tower at the bottom right of pic at 300M

56 Pitt St far left and Bligh/Hunter St far right

·
I ♥ NSW 2150
I ❤ NSW 2150
1,817 Posts
It's actually even better than that- the block right in between, including everything but the Radisson Hotel, is an assemblage owned by Lend Lease and can also go 300m+. So that's a row of three supertalls in the middle of the CBD, right across the street from each other!

As a side note, I'm really holding out hope that 1 O'Connell is spared when Lend Lease starts work on their tower, because the lowrise assemblage making up the rest of the block is already a comparable footprint to the supertalls on either side of it.

·
Registered
76,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gmiller-possible 4 x300m+ withiin 10 years
1-OSD- 250m
2-milligan groups 200m+ stage1 lodging soon
3-OSD-300m
4-possible site almagamation in future 300m
5-Lend leases next big one after salesF 300m
6-56pitt-300m+

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good to hear xing lin and Culwulla, thanks for the info. Don't know much about the Lend Lease development. Is this due to start in the next few years?
I agree 1 O'Connell definitely needs to stay..

·
Registered
76,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear xing lin, don't know much about the Lend Lease development. Is this due to start in the next few years? I agree 1 O'Connell definitely needs to stay..
nothing yet,but a stage1 is imminent in next few years,
its a large site and will host a major tower

·
Registered
76,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sydney has asked if any of the 13 buldgs are worth saving
amazingly only 1 is worth saving and it will be, 3storey pub cnr hunter /pitt
the rest are 70s boxes

the bligh st site has 3 non descript boxes,
so not a bad outcome

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
sydney has asked if any of the 13 buldgs are worth saving
amazingly only 1 is worth saving and it will be, 3storey pub cnr hunter /pitt
the rest are 70s boxes

the bligh st site has 3 non descript boxes,
so not a bad outcome

thats is amazing to know. Had a quick peak on google maps and realised the same, it’s so positive that most of Sydney’s mediocre or unattractive spots are being replaced with beautiful, timeless new towers and Metro stations.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Skinner is one of the oldest surviving building the CBD. Thank goodness the state government has learnt some lessons from the Pitt Street site and is saving what’s important.
I must say part of its charm is how it’s bookended by the walls of the surrounding towers. Will be interesting to see how the new proposal responds.

IMG_2216.JPG

·
Registered
76,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
^yeh weird. its gonna look classic when the site is demolished with this left in the corner.
Skinners was built 1846.
had many names
Clown Hotel? lol
Turners Hotel,
Clarendon hotel
in 1900 it was sold and became a chemist
in 1931 the building was sold with different tennants and by 1950 split up.
in 1955 John fairfax purchased it
in 1987 became Advance bank
clive lucas restored the building in 1989
in 2018 outlet for optomestrist oscar whyee

·
Registered
164 Posts
Glad the tower that was proposed for Bligh St years ago never went through. I think it was only meant to reach around 160m.

The new tower on this site will be almost twice the height of this one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts