Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning Proposal for 286-300 Church st Parramatta

Increase the maximum building height from 12m to no limit

Info From business papers of upcoming council meeting...

approximately 4,000sqm of non-residential (GFA) and
approximately 324 residential dwellings could be achieved on the site

The site is located one lot away from the south-eastern corner of Church Street and Phillip Street,
with a highly prominent western street frontage to the ‘Eat Street’ Precinct of Church Street,
and an eastern rear frontage to Erby Place

Concept design architect - PTW

The proposal has not been supported in current form by the council.
So the developer has submitted the proposal for a rezoning review with Dept of Planning.

http://www.planningpanels.nsw.gov.au/DevelopmentandPlanningRegister/tabid/62/ctl/view/mid/424/JRPP_ID/3796/language/en-US/Default.aspx

·
Registered
77,928 Posts
i have a good feeling about this one
ive added it to my google earth.
nice slim nearly 200m near the northern cluster, nice

·
Registered
77,928 Posts
yes it wont shadow and not near parks squares etc. its a great location and should be a simple floor plate extrusion, i just think the da will breeze through.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
yes it wont shadow and not near parks squares etc. its a great location and should be a simple floor plate extrusion, i just think the da will breeze through.
Fair enough.
Everything else just seems to take an eternity to approve and inevitably, gets caught up in red tape and redesigns and re-submissions. (except Parramatta Stadium).
I just want to see some more of these taller towers get started!!
Yes, I'm impatient!! :)

·
Registered
77,928 Posts
I hear ya
This will be cheap to build too so how ever owns it will want to start

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had another look at the info available in the council meeting document - this proposal is looking very positive:)

The council didn't initially support the proposal but they have prepared another report and they now support the proposal..

This report provides a recommendation that supports the Proposal proceeding
to the DP&E for a Gateway Assessment,
subject to a number of conditions as
provided in the Council Officer recommendation.
https://businesspapers.parracity.nsw.gov.au/Open/2018/OC_09042018_AGN_454_AT.PDF

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
Sciophobia, acrophobia, metathesiophobia, they're all the GO! in Sydney. Yet no carcinophobia which is the one they should be watching out for.

shadow - height - change: ah, the wonders of Google.

Feel free to add to the diagnosis.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.