SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

23,860 Posts
Can't see it happening now. Fulham are looking to redevelop Craven Cottage, whilst QPR are about to announce their own plan for a new stadium/arena. If anything, I'd imagine a rugby club would be more likely to share this new stadium, well, that's if it does indeed become a reality.

23,860 Posts
^^ I guess London Wasps would be the most likely, especially as they've played matches at Loftus Road in the past. Quins own their stadium, but all the other clubs with 'London' in their title currently groundshare with football clubs, and the stadiums they play at are located outside of London. Could be a great opportunity for one of them to move back to the capital.

23,860 Posts
Fernandes saying it'll have a capacity of 45,000:

QPR fans. We are not ready to announce stadium. But making good progress.

Will not be a bowl. Will keep the atmosphere. Will be 45k capacity. Will be in West London. Narrowed down to 2 places.

I hope we can announce full details within the next 2 months. But as you can imagine this is not easy but tremendous work has been done.

Our major announcement today is at 3 o clock and what the shareholders of QPR believe is a statement of Intent for the future.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170830/QPR-reveal-plans-new-45-000-stadium.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.