SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Proposed QPR Stadium in White City

12608 24
Article in the Times today suggesting that QPR are planning a replacement for Loftus Road somewhere around the White City area:
-36000 seats, almost double that of Loftus Road
-Retractable roof for use as a concert venue
-£180 million pre-evaluative cost
-Part of a bid to make QPR " A global brand"
Also confirmed on twitter by chairman Tony Fernandes yesterday with plans to fully publicize the proposal on Monday, according to the twitter statements it would appear the club has already drawn up plans/ renders.

Here is another link an uninformative article backing up the suggestion that this is in development http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/fernandes-reveals-qpr-stadium-progress-155231342.html
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Good news.

Though the idea that a 36K stadium would help QPR to become a global brand is a bit far fetched!
Article in the Times today suggesting that QPR are planning a replacement for Loftus Road somewhere around the White City area:
-36000 seats, almost double that of Loftus Road
-Retractable roof for use as a concert venue
-£180 million pre-evaluative cost
-Part of a bid to make QPR " A global brand"
Also confirmed on twitter by chairman Tony Fernandes yesterday with plans to fully publicize the proposal on Monday, according to the twitter statements it would appear the club has already drawn up plans/ renders.

Here is another link an uninformative article backing up the suggestion that this is in development http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/fernandes-reveals-qpr-stadium-progress-155231342.html
I like Loftus Road. Fantastic little stadium. Very intimate.

But QPR have to move if they are to go to the next level and consolidate their position in the PL.

And I don't mean to mock Fernandes for being ambitious (I bet that West Ham fans are pissed off that he was denied the opportunity to buy their club!). It's just that it will take rather more than a modestly sized stadium (however well appointed) to do it!
very true, not me that said it though, fernandes is probably being a little too ambitious though that said Loftus Road is one of the worst grounds in the PL in my opinion and possibly ( will need to check this) the smallest?
It's 45K according to the post just above yours.

And, yes, that is very ambitious for QPR.

But they are based in a densely populated, relatively prosperous district in the biggest metropolitan area in western Europe. If QPR have got serious ambitions to grow, good for them.

Just to add, as I said on the other thread in the stadiums section of SSC, once this and Spurs' and Chelsea's new homes are built, London will have an incredible selection of stadiums.
36k seems too ambitious to me, theres no way they would get those numbers unless it was maybe a £5 to get in against man utd.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.