Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
also an old proposal but might be very interesting, cause it has the potential to add some value to the crescent

The Boardwalk at Palm Jumeirah

Nakheel will transform the 11km crescent that protects Palm Jumeirah into a bustling destination for walking, shopping and dining, creating a new focus for the already world-famous island.
The Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk will run the entire length of the crescent, with a pier, stretching 100 metres into the Arabian Gulf, at either end.

Nakheel will create the Boardwalk by building over the rocks of the Palm’s breakwater. The Boardwalk will be six metres wide
– more than double the width of the existing crescent path – with more than 20 concessions offering refreshments and souvenirs throughout its 11km length.

The Boardwalk will include an East and West Pier – each stretching 100 metres out to sea offering extensive views of the Arabian Gulf, Palm Jumeirah and the Dubai skyline.
The piers will each feature a range of glass-encased cafes and restaurants.

more info:

Dubai’s Palm Jumeirah to get 11km boardwalk and pair of piers

Developer Nakheel said it had named Halcrow as the design consultant for the boardwalk. Tendering for construction will begin in the second quarter of this year.
Source: http://www.thenational.ae/uae/tourism/dubais-palm-jumeirah-to-get-11km-boardwalk-and-pair-of-piers

:cheers::cheers:

·
Investing in DXB 2015 thr
84 Posts

·
Registered
32,114 Posts
There was definitely work being carried on on some sections. They were putting sands over the rocks

·
Investing in DXB 2015 thr
84 Posts
That is awesome- thanks AltinD

Driving around Downtown at night and seeing the effort Emaar makes there on the detail, it has bugged me so much at the potential the Palm has, but for the continual unashamed mismanagement.

I hope this is the beginning of a new era for Nakheel.

·
Registered
32,114 Posts
Palm's biggest problem is road access.

If they connect the crescent with the mainland via bridges on both sides it would help with the traffic situation (both current and future) but still it will not fully solve it.

·
Sunrise Boy
68 Posts
Palm's biggest problem is road access. If they connect the crescent with the mainland via bridges on both sides it would help with the traffic situation (both current and future) but still it will not fully solve it.
I agree, maybe a tunnels instead of bridges to maintain the aesthetic look of the crescent. Once all the hotels are operational by 2020, then I don't believe Nakheel will have much choice or we'll be facing gridlock!

·
Beat the Heat
1,524 Posts
the amount of traffic "stagnating" in front of the atlantis is just crazy. Mostly people trying to take pictures with the hotel in the background ... That spot alone creates a backlog

·
Beat the Heat
1,524 Posts
That what will make the Pointe a successful project. Atlantis view
I do hope so ... The demographic though is of the lower strata of population. So will they be allowed to park there for free? If yes will that not clutter the mall for true consumers ...! If its paid parking the situation will remain ...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts