SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any idea what the heck is this project???? it was on raya news paper the busseness one the orenge colored (tusday 23 may 2006) :) please post if you know anything or a picture,photo or anything...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Work on $1.2bn Qatofin plant begins

The Heir Apparent H H Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani yesterday laid the foundation stone for an estimated $1.2bn Qatofin project to produce Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) at Mesaieed Industrial City (MIC).

The ceremony was attended by Prime Minister H H Sheikh Abdullah bin Khalifa Al Thani, their excellencies the ministers, ambassadors and dignitaries.

Qatofin, a joint venture between Qatar Petrochemical Company (63 per cent), Total Petrochemicals of France (36 per cent) and Qatar Petroleum ( 1 per cent) is anticipated to make Qatar a world leader in the polyethylene industry with the construction of a unit to produce 450,000 metric tonnes per year (MTPA) of LLDPE at facilities adjacent to Qapco’s plant at MIC.

The Qatofin plant will process around 422,000 MTPA of ethylene and around 38,000 MTPA of butane to produce 450,000 MTPA of LLDPE. The project is scheduled for completion in the 4th quarter of 2008.

LLDPE will be marketed and distributed by Qapco and Total Petrochemicals France. Qapco will also operate the Qatofin Plant and the ethylene storage and export facilities.

“The project aims at the optimal utilisation of ethane gas feedstock that will be made available in Qatar, as a result of further development of the country’s gas resources, combining the interests of the existing petrochemical investors in Qatar and developing industrial synergies with other petrochemical ventures at MIC”, Second Deputy Premier and Minister of Energy and Industry H E Abdullah Bin Hamad Al Attiyah said in his keynote address at the ceremony.

Qatofin will partner with Q-Chem II in the construction of one of the largest ethane crackers in the world at Ras Laffan Industrial City, with ethylene capacity of 1.3 million tonnes per year, which may eventually be increased to 1.6 MTPA.

The cracker will be owned by Ras Laffan Olefins Company, a joint venture between Qatofin (45.7 per cent), Q-Chem II (53.3 per cent) and QP ( 1 per cent). The RLOC ethane cracker will work with the gas produced in Qatar by Total in the context of the Dolphin project.
From: http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Di...h=May2006&file=Business_News2006052351150.xml

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awsome thanks and is this project like for oil or gas or both ? any idea whats qatofin?

·
Registered
733 Posts
qatar son 333 said:
awsome thanks and is this project like for oil or gas or both ? any idea whats qatofin?
Qatofin is the name of the company.
I think they produce some types of Polyethylene and ethylene. These substances are used to produce Plastic. Qapco is the Company that currently produces them in Qatar.

·
Registered
32 Posts
U guys are very perverted :) ,

however,

it reminds me of the first time i saw a French woman moving here fest down and forth horizontally as way of expressing what she said is of "strong importance", which we find that very offensive.

Good night. :cheers:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Qatar_Blue said:
U guys are very perverted :) ,

however,

it reminds me of the first time i saw a French woman moving here fest down and forth horizontally as way of expressing what she said is of "strong importance", which we find that very offensive.

Good night. :cheers:
Why perverted?

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what the heck are you talking about?????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Guys back to the topic please: Linear Low Density Polyethylene hehhe loooool :hahaha:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts