Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, no fancy names for me, just a several weeks late thread from Providence, RI. I spent the Memorial Day weekend there, haven't been into New England before, so it was quite a treat. You will probably recognize most of the pics if you have read the RI State of the Week thread, but as per xzmattzx's request, I am starting a thread. So here it goes:

Providence skyline from I-195:

Around Brown:

My god an urban CVS!!:

For Cyburbia, urban chain retail:

Some of the gorgeous housing stock:

My Favorite House:

Providence's new "signature" bridge which is part of the re-routing of I-195 away from the downtown core and out to the Hurricane Barrier:

The Wickenden St. Business District:

This is what I call a beer selection:

Little Italy, Atwells Ave. on Federal Hill:

Downtown at night and Waterfire:

For the Family Guy fans out there:

Yes, Pawtucket Patriot beer does exist, and its damn good too! :cheers: Gigidy Gigidy...

And we'll finish with the Capitol at night:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good deal, nice city.

nice tour, you gonna post your Buffalo stuff?

thats the most ghetto CVS I have ever seen.lol
I'll get to the Buffalo stuff next chance I get. I'm a little slow in getting these together, lol! I've got photo tours going back three years I could do!

The CVS is actually in a really high-end retail strip by Brown, and yeah it definitely could use a new coat of paint.

Providence is an incredibly walkable city, very dense, and very constrained by the topography. I absolutely loved it for that. Buff, you would have and awesome time just getting skyline shots from the different hills surrounding downtown, let alone downtown itself on the night of a Waterfire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts