SkyscraperCity banner

Votes: 4 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 4903 Posts

·
Khal vezhven!
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
moderators, please delete this thread if there's already an existing one. kindly post pictures of city halls and provincial capitols around the country, thanks! :)

·
Khal vezhven!
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
moderators, please delete this thread if there's already an existing one. kindly post pictures of city halls and provincial capitols around the country, thanks! :)

·
Federer Express!!!
716 Posts
My mother has lots of pictures of Batangas City Capitol since (she is a government employee). I will ask her to give me some pics..but the building is already old..though it looks quite good afar.

·
Federer Express!!!
716 Posts
My mother has lots of pictures of Batangas City Capitol since (she is a government employee). I will ask her to give me some pics..but the building is already old..though it looks quite good afar.

·
Khal vezhven!
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mhe-ann said:
thanks! looking forward to it :D

·
Khal vezhven!
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mhe-ann said:

·
Federer Express!!!
716 Posts
tyronne said:
naku, I don't know when I will be going to Batangas City..most probably next year.. :bash: sorry...

·
Federer Express!!!
716 Posts
tyronne said:
naku, I don't know when I will be going to Batangas City..most probably next year.. :bash: sorry...

·
Khal vezhven!
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mhe-ann said:
ngyaaak! :crazy: he he ok lang yun. antayin pa rin namin lapit naman na next year haha!

·
Khal vezhven!
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mhe-ann said:
ngyaaak! :crazy: he he ok lang yun. antayin pa rin namin lapit naman na next year haha!

·
Federer Express!!!
716 Posts
wala din akong makita sa internet. :cry: :cry: :cry:

nga pala, baka 1980's pa ang pics na yan. :bash:

·
Federer Express!!!
716 Posts
wala din akong makita sa internet. :cry: :cry: :cry:

nga pala, baka 1980's pa ang pics na yan. :bash:

·
Khal vezhven!
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pangasinan Capitol

ito sa pangasinan. pero dinig ko nirenovate na yata at iba na ang kulay. so these are old photos na from the net.

and this is Urdaneta City Hall, newly built.

·
Khal vezhven!
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pangasinan Capitol

ito sa pangasinan. pero dinig ko nirenovate na yata at iba na ang kulay. so these are old photos na from the net.

and this is Urdaneta City Hall, newly built.

·
10,769 Posts
Urdaneta City Hall is nice, I like how they modernised a classic design.

·
10,769 Posts
Urdaneta City Hall is nice, I like how they modernised a classic design.

·
Member, Winifred Fan Club
2,973 Posts
It's amazing how there's so much historical memory that institutional buildings should be patterned after greco-roman temples. While there was indeed a time when people actually made neo-greco-roman temples (like the provincial capitols built during the American colonial period), I wonder why they still insist on these neo-neo-classical designs for newer institutional architecture. Is it because we just expeect governmental structures to have a pediment and some columns? Is this like dressing up with a necktie to be taken seriously?

For me, I think for Urdaneta City Hall, they should have either gone totally neo-classical or totally modern. Not this in between. Kind of like that new building being built at DLSU in Manila.

·
Member, Winifred Fan Club
2,973 Posts
It's amazing how there's so much historical memory that institutional buildings should be patterned after greco-roman temples. While there was indeed a time when people actually made neo-greco-roman temples (like the provincial capitols built during the American colonial period), I wonder why they still insist on these neo-neo-classical designs for newer institutional architecture. Is it because we just expeect governmental structures to have a pediment and some columns? Is this like dressing up with a necktie to be taken seriously?

For me, I think for Urdaneta City Hall, they should have either gone totally neo-classical or totally modern. Not this in between. Kind of like that new building being built at DLSU in Manila.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Urdaneta City Hall is pretty impressive, im our govt could build something like that!:D but i have to agree with mike, they should either go with something totaly neo-classical or something really modern.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Urdaneta City Hall is pretty impressive, im our govt could build something like that!:D but i have to agree with mike, they should either go with something totaly neo-classical or something really modern.

1 - 20 of 4903 Posts