Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
!eccentric!
762 Posts
Don't have pics eh.. Pero Tiendesitas, fles market ng mga mayayaman.:lol: and, largest flea market in Asia.

·
Your building provider
5,482 Posts
Modesty aside, tourists said Dumaguete has one of the cleanest dry and wet public markets in the Philippines. I'll post pictures when I get the time to take pictures of our public market...

·
'--'
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
^^ ang ganda naman ng IloIlo Public Market ,Mukhang matagal na to ah, well preserved...

·
TheLibotero
13,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

have you heard about the Country Market in sta. rosa laguna? i think it's one of the cleanest wet market in pinas.
YES!!! This is in Paseo de Sta. Rosa right? It is indeed one of the cleanest and most organized wet markets in Pinas. We buy our meat and fish from there when we had our summer vacation in Laguna. :)

·
ceboooooooom
1,094 Posts
PARDO PUBLIC MARKET
Poblacion Pardo, Cebu City

The Pardo Public Market received P500T worth of prizes for being one of the five top national winners of the Search for Huwarang Palengke 2006 initiated by the Department of Agriculture.

·
User lang
1,407 Posts
YES!!! This is in Paseo de Sta. Rosa right? It is indeed one of the cleanest and most organized wet markets in Pinas. We buy our meat and fish from there when we had our summer vacation in Laguna. :)
:yes: yah near paseo. nice to hear it jhaelnis na nka punta ka dun. :) medyo lapit lang kami dun 12 km away

·
I got my eye on you.
24,699 Posts
I'm guessing that the term "wet market" is used to describe a market that sells fish, poultry, and meat right? And a "dry market" is where they sell fruits, vegetables, and other stuff. Pardon my ignorance for I haven't really experience going to a palengke when I was still living in the Philippines. Most of the groceries we had back then were bought in a supermarket where it's brightly lit, not too crowded, doesn't stink, and is air-conditioned.

·
I'm FAIR but I have FLARE
227 Posts
Cagayan de Oro's Cogon Public Market

Features:

-three levels of shopping
-wet and dry market
-4 Escalators
^^I think this is one of the largest, most modern & most complete enclosed markets in the Philippines but it could have reflected better architecture:)

·
Finding destiny
9,405 Posts
I'm guessing that the term "wet market" is used to describe a market that sells fish, poultry, and meat right? And a "dry market" is where they sell fruits, vegetables, and other stuff. Pardon my ignorance for I haven't really experience going to a palengke when I was still living in the Philippines. Most of the groceries we had back then were bought in a supermarket where it's brightly lit, not too crowded, doesn't stink, and is air-conditioned.
Exactly. You're right. Well, almost all towns, municipalities and cities have their own public market. I don't know why Filipinos love to shop in those places. Generally, "palengke" is literally wet and stinky even in the dry section sometimes they don't even separate those two which makes it even more chaotic. I'm actually surprised to see some forumers posting these pictures of shiny and clean markets (yes, in the Philippines they are already glitzy).

·
'--'
1,403 Posts
Exactly. You're right. Well, almost all towns, municipalities and cities have their own public market. I don't know why Filipinos love to shop in those places. Generally, "palengke" is literally wet and stinky even in the dry section sometimes they don't even separate those two which makes it even more chaotic. I'm actually surprised to see some forumers posting these pictures of shiny and clean markets (yes, in the Philippines they are already glitzy).
Facade-wise the markets are clean (front only). However when you go to the wet part... as in "wet" part where you get the fishes, meats, etc... I swear... very dirty. Don't go there wearing slippers.

·
TheLibotero
13,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But mind you, the one in Paseo de Santa Rosa is really different. Malinis as in malinis talaga, kulang nalang para maging mall eh aircon nalang. The only quality of a traditional market it has though is yung "pera" na malansa. :lol:

·
I got my eye on you.
24,699 Posts
^^ Oh, so those palengkes aren't credit/debit card capable?

·
#heritagePH #MapPH
11,408 Posts
Im used to the palengke. Wala akong reklamo. Maganda kung malinis pero kung marumi, wala akong reklamo. :D

La Paz Public Market
Iloilo City, Philippines
the birthplace of the famous LaPaz Batchoy

·
Mucho Mandingo Papi
6,708 Posts
nawala na pala yung palengke dun sa ilalim ng sta mesa bridge papuntang riles napansin ko yun yung sumakay ako ng boni hi way

wala na rin yung palengke dun sa bustillos nilipat sa kabilang street mula ng nilagyan ng station ng mrt

anyway youre not missing anything, im just saying maduduming palengke din naman yun e, pero dun kami ng mama ko namimili ng mga pang palengke kesa sa quiapo o divisoria, dahil sa sobrang sikip at madaming mandurukot

1 - 20 of 323 Posts