SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 2161 Posts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a quick look at Carl Berner T-bane to see the new layout on signs being tested by #Ruter:

T-bane entrance:

Hat off for local guide tough, a lot of information on this:

New T-bane map:

Zone maps, omg - why haven't they been there before ? :nuts:

Exit sign:

New line-specific map:

Ruter wants feedback:

·
Scandi-friendly
7,720 Posts
It is a very good scheme. So good I have no comment on it! Go on Ruter!:)

·
Scandi-friendly
7,720 Posts
Yepp, the line will stay closed throughout 2010, due to conversion from electric overhead wire to third rail.

·
Scandi-friendly
7,720 Posts
They won't upgrade it to metro standard at all. Only make it possible to drive with the MX3000 in periods with high traffic. Only five stations on the line has a long enough platform for it, though:) Eitherway the market just isn't there to defend the huge cost that would come if one would seek full metro-standard.

I hope this answered your question. No OP3 fundings:)

edit: In this article, it is debated what kind of trains to be used on Holmenkollbanen in the future. MX3000 seems to be preferred, even if it's to long for most stations. http://ruter.no/PageFiles/1829/16-2009_vogn_hkb.pdf

·
Agenda 21 Advocate
4,151 Posts
They won't upgrade it to metro standard at all. Only make it possible to drive with the MX3000 in periods with high traffic. Only five stations on the line has a long enough platform for it, though:) Eitherway the market just isn't there to defend the huge cost that would come if one would seek full metro-standard.

I hope this answered your question. No OP3 fundings:)

edit: In this article, it is debated what kind of trains to be used on Holmenkollbanen in the future. MX3000 seems to be preferred, even if it's to long for most stations. http://ruter.no/PageFiles/1829/16-2009_vogn_hkb.pdf
That makes a lot of sense, actually. So, essentially the Holmenkoll line will be a third-rail powered suburban line. I guess they would have to modify some of the MX3000s into two-car sets, similar to the late T2000.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
That map looks great, definitely an improvement from the old standard.

Also, I noteiced it seems like they decided to keep the T-bane name. I guess all the protests had some effects.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It is nice to see a thread about public transportation in Oslo. I was aware of the fact that Holmenkollbanen didn't use a third rail, but I was surprised by the fact that it crossed the street at at least one point.

·
student
721 Posts
I`ve only been taking the Holmenkollbanen a couple of times, but I found it funny that both times the train stoped just before Frøen, where it lost the electricity and had to recharge before continuing. I understand that the people living up there wants a better rail, but I kinda like the historic feeling you get when the train is stringing up the mountain.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
^^

I'm pretty sure it switches from third rail to electricity lines. This takes a few secconds so the power gets cut off.

·
Landsc. Architect
2,513 Posts
That map looks great, definitely an improvement from the old standard.

Also, I noteiced it seems like they decided to keep the T-bane name. I guess all the protests had some effects.
I thought they were replacing the T with a M, but apparently not.

·
Scandi-friendly
7,720 Posts
^^They still may. This is only a test. It would be quite stupid to remove the T on Carl Berner station only...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It's getting closer and closer to my house!

Now if only they would speed things up a bit, 4 more years for the rest of the line is way too long. They've hardly even started on the reguleringsplan for Bekkestua-Kolsås.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A few illustrations from the location of entrances to Løren station, according to the proposal construction could start in 2013, and first train would leave the station in 2016... :eek:hno: (The building marked in red is the U/C Lørenhagen project, if that helps your orientation :)

1 - 20 of 2161 Posts