1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
9,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Proposed PRINCESA TOWER in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan 🇵🇭

FB_IMG_1591963359983.jpg
FB_IMG_1591963357331.jpg
FB_IMG_1591963365332.jpg

Princesa Tower, is envisioned as a symbolic towering structure the entire world will look at 680 meters high, taller than the Grand Hyatt Metrocenter and Trump Tower Manila in the Philippines.

Amid criticisms, the mayor is determined to pursue the project after raising a total of ₱27.55 billion (approx US$ 550 million) worth of investments pledged by 12 local and foreign companies. Palawan is the safest province in the Philippines when it comes to natural calamities. as they are not prone to earthquakes and typhoons.

·
9,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Supporting news article from Press Reader

Screenshot_20200612_201349.jpg

Render of Princesa Tower designed by Engr. Rolando S. Garcia, with a height of 680 meter-tall, it will be the second tallest building in the world next only to the 830M tall Burj Khalifa in Dubai.

After the City Government announced the planned “Puerto Princesa Tower,” netizens protested on social media saying that the project is only a “Vanity Project". City Information Officer (CIO) Richard Ligad defended that the proposed “Puerto Princesa Tower” will not affect other projects of the administration and emphasized that it is not funded by the city but a project that will be funded through “crowd-sourced funding.”

·
9,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tower of (tourism) power

Business Mirror by Roderick Abad | October 13, 2019

“The Philippines cannot boast of any iconic building. They have one in Malaysia and in several parts of the world, but none for the Philippines. So the only place where you can build a tall tower that will be safe is in Puerto Princesa,” he said, adding that the city is not prone to earthquake, typhoon and even volcanic eruptions.“The Philippines cannot boast of any iconic building. They have one in Malaysia and in several parts of the world, but none for the Philippines. So the only place where you can build a tall tower that will be safe is in Puerto Princesa,” he said, adding that the city is not prone to earthquake, typhoon and even volcanic eruptions.

The proposed 128-floor edifice forms part of the proposed Sta. Lucia Environmental Estate, one of the six state-owned properties that the city government of Puerto Princesa plans to develop into tourism, agriculture and commercial hubs that will not only spur economic activities, but also generate livelihood and employment opportunities.The proposed 128-floor edifice forms part of the proposed Sta. Lucia Environmental Estate, one of the six state-owned properties that the city government of Puerto Princesa plans to develop into tourism, agriculture and commercial hubs that will not only spur economic activities, but also generate livelihood and employment opportunities.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,151 Posts
Awesome. A long time ago I thought the future of megatalls lies in combining observation towers and skyscrapers together. Great to see such a concept

·
Registered
410 Posts
It seems it was proposed by a small construction company with just 71 subscribers on Youtube. The rendering look great, but the video sometimes looks very amateurish. It is already over a year old and I have not heard anything about that tower.

My biggest complain it that there is not much to see from the top. It should be in Makati instead, but not in the middle of nowhere. Even the Lotte World Tower in Seoul looks quite lonely, although it is one of the largest cities in the world. A 400 or 500 metre high observation deck needs surrounding skyscrapers to look down on.

·
Skyscraper
281 Posts
After watching the video, I can confidently assume that this tower will never get built. It's not even a valid proposal, and probably one of the most empty vision in the whole website. The video maker put too many jargon in there that I believe that even the author had no idea what they was. "Negative carbon tower"? What the hell is that anyway? I also suspect that the empty skeleton telecom spire is included in the 680m calculation even though according to CTBUH it should not being counted together so the highest architectural tip is probably around 580-610m only.

Even most Philippines in Youtube also expressed that they don't believe in this project or straight up hating it.

Also, many points implying that they want to build this tower for tourism purposes. Even the mayor emphasized that. But in reality, one does not simply build a megatall solely for tourism, especially in post-Covid19 world. That's madness.

·
500-Internal Server Error
1,524 Posts
How are they going to build it? I mean there are no commercial areas in Puerto Princesa. There are a lot of tourist sites but no commercial areas at all. This will not get built. I hope this is not a scam to lure investor's money.

·
Registered Kibitzer
207 Posts
"a project that will be funded through “crowd-sourced funding.”"
Oh, that crowd-sourcing is such a powerful tool...oh...what do you mean Kickstarter went bankrupt?
If these people are going to partake in drugs, sharing is caring.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts