SkyscraperCity Forum banner

PULAU LANGKAWI | Kedah

612538 Views 2024 Replies 154 Participants Last post by  nazrey
no thread for langkawi???
cmon!!!

anyway here's new projects in Lgkw

www.andamanhills.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
It has been a while since a new hotel open in Langkawi.

The last major opening was the Four Season Resort right?
^^

I say no... I prefer Langkawi remains the way it is, which is a good chilled out place, not littered with sex tourist from Nothern Europe like Phuket, or polluted and over-populated like Penang.

Langkawi should go high end, and be like St Barthelemy in the Carribean, or Costa Smeralda in Sardinia, Italy. Both place has a relatively small crowd compared to other more popular resort destination, but their economic yield are far more superior. We should woo high quality tourist - go for quality, not quantity.

A tourist who stay in an expensive suite at a Four Seasons hotel can generate more cash to local economy than say, a dormitory full of backpackers in an RM 20 /bed hostel. Why? because those high end tourist are more likely to indulge on services like yacht charter, horseback riding, gourmet dining or club hopping.

Anyway...this is just my two cents worth...
Langkawi is too boring.....

like a dead town.......

much boring than Kuching....

despite beautiful beaches and islands...it still far left behind Phuket when it comes to city life, entertainment, shopping....

i just wish Langkawi at least be as Penang....

should government open up Langkawi for property development?
A new hotel in Langkawi

I was in Langkawi recently, and while driving around the Telaga Harbour vicinity, saw a construction site for a brand new hotel called " The Danna" in Langkawi. It is not a beach resort, but rather, a Mediterranean themed hotel that was meant to compliment the Telaga Harbour marina. Pantai Kok is a walking distance (across the road) from the hotel.

When I googled about The Dana, I came across about this article in Business Times NST.

Code:
The Danna - a 'gift' from Tradewinds to Langkawi

TRADEWINDS Corp Bhd (TCB) (4804), a company controlled by businessman Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary, will open its RM170 million luxury accommodation in Langkawi called "The Danna" in July next year.

The Danna, to be positioned in the same league as the existing Tanjung Rhu Resort and The Datai, will be built, owned and operated by TCB, its chief executive officer Shahrul Farez said.

This property will be the group's third hotel on the legendary island after the three-star Mutiara Burau Bay Beach Resort and the five-star Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi.

Shahrul said TCB's decision to open the property in Langkawi was prompted by the high average room rates (ARRs) that the island garners. Malaysia is said to have one of the lowest if not the lowest ARRs in the world. Langkawi, how-ever, boasts the highest room rates compared with any other places in Malaysia, even that of Kuala Lumpur.

The Danna is derived from the Sanskrit word, denoting "Gift".

Shahrul said the new hotel, located in Telaga Harbour Park and neighbouring Burau Bay, will have 130 rooms. In 2007, TCB's 70 per cent owned Tradewinds Hotels & Resorts Sdn Bhd bought Benua Perdana Sdn Bhd, which owned the partially completed hotel.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts